Welcome new members

Hello all, been a lurker for a while and have already gleaned loads of useful info and advice, but we are gettign close to pulling the trigger on a van purchase so have joined to become a proper part of the community.

We were fairly seasoned campers when the kids were younger, but now they're off on their own its time for me and Mrs Jay to start some new adventures. We're not planing a grand European road trip just yet though, more like long weekends and maybe 2 weeks UK trips at present. We're thinking to build a camping van (Day van plus ?) , rather than a fully fitted kitchen with Rock'n'roller etc but no doubt things will change over time. Will be putting windows all round as we felt a bit claustrohobic squeezed onto a RIB/RocknRoll Bed surrounded by black carpet and a wardrobe in the ones that we've sat in at shows etc so prefer the open feel and views. And we're favouring the more sociable L or U Lounge as we don't need belted seats for passengers (Ply guys / Van Furntiure style) and it feels better for evening card games and two people to eat facing each other rather than banging elbows on a 112 seat trying to eat off a table no-one can actually reach comfortably.

At present the shopping list for the base van is SWB (also daily driver) T30 highline (or Trendline with A/C & parking), Panel Van, 100+ bhp. We're not too fussed on colours or Rear door Vs Tailgate, & will probably add a pop-top straight away if the budget will stretch and probably looking at V simple leisure electrics for internal lights and a USB port or two plus an EcoFlow / Bluetti style thing for devices (unless that could also cope with the internal accomodation lights?) Cooking will be likely under tarp / sail thing or awning on a Cadac style cooker. Fridge is still tbc but could either be Dometic CRX style in a small pod (off the Leisure Batt) or a powered cool box or just a Yeti-style ice box. When camping we survived by just buying what we needed daily and using a v cheap cool box with gel packs that lasted 1 day and got re-frozen by the campsite shop.

Looking forward to sharing our build with you all (once we've found the right base van!)

Hi Guys I'm New to the Forum. I have a Leighton's van 2016 Blackberry kombi we have just done a Kombi bed conversion and had our first night and loved it. But gone and lost a head rest DONT ask ! It fell out when we opened the electric door they were on the floor! Grrrr where shall i start hunting? I'm Swapping the Wheels to Navis Twin 5s this week so Ill post the changes soon.

Van.jpg

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi Pauly and the forum. I'm a new member saying from Bristol. Used to have a T5.1 upgraded in July to a T6.1 Kombi. With slidepod set up and loving it

Hi all. Finally got round to joining after browsing for what seemed like ages. I've gone and took the plunge and hopefully pick up my van tomorrow. It's a 16 T30 Kombi High line. Team black. Suggestions on what essentials I need to buy??

Hi all. Finally got round to joining after browsing for what seemed like ages. I've gone and took the plunge and hopefully pick up my van tomorrow. It's a 16 T30 Kombi High line. Team black. Suggestions on what essentials I need to buy??
Oh dear, you’ve opened Pandora’s box with that last question….brace yourself for a huge list of suggestions of essentials incoming!!! And keep an eye of @Eli , as he’ll be buying most of them and then selling them on here cheaper the following week!!!!

And welcome too. You’ll find an answer to just about any question, problem or conundrum on the forum……and possibly some van related stuff too

Reactions: Bav
Team black way to go for start....welcome

Reactions: JDC
Hello all, am new to this forum, and super pumped to have found it! Wealth of information on here and good vibes from other owners. :):cool:

I've attached a pic of our pride & joy which we purchased in April.......I've been brave enough to lower the springs by 30mm and then swap the original tyres (235/55/r17) for a set of Wolfrace alloys (255/35/r20).

having read things on this forum, everyone seems to have extremely helpful opinions, and it very welcome to a newbie owner with little yet growing confidence :)

IMG-8693.jpg

IMG-8701.jpg

Last edited:
Good afternoon folks
Just found the forum and it looks like the accumulated knowledge of the universe on T6s is available here. We have recently aquired a T6.1 and had it converted by Sherwood Campers. Previously we had a T5 from Hillside Leisure for 7 years so we are not unfamiliar with van life. The T5 was manual with a manual popup roof which was a problem for SWMBO to retract when she was away on her own. The T6 is DSG which is a dream to drive, with a Reimo electric roof, a Clayton LPS 2 2500 power pack with solar, powers everything. So far very happy with it. A few teething probs with the electrics which I hope all the experts on here will assist with in due course.
Glad to have found you

Cheers

Dave Yates

Good afternoon folks
Just found the forum and it looks like the accumulated knowledge of the universe on T6s is available here. We have recently aquired a T6.1 and had it converted by Sherwood Campers. Previously we had a T5 from Hillside Leisure for 7 years so we are not unfamiliar with van life. The T5 was manual with a manual popup roof which was a problem for SWMBO to retract when she was away on her own. The T6 is DSG which is a dream to drive, with a Reimo electric roof, a Clayton LPS 2 2500 power pack with solar, powers everything. So far very happy with it. A few teething probs with the electrics which I hope all the experts on here will assist with in due course.
Glad to have found you

Cheers

Dave Yates
Welcome! would be great to see a pic (or multiple) of your van!

Reactions: Bav
AC1DE92D-1541-4E9D-91B5-99F5445BCF3B.jpeg Afternoon all,

Been lurking for a few weeks. Am loving the new van (T32 Kombi), just trying to plan the order of what and when the conversion starts.

Reactions: CAB
Morning all.

Joined as have been a lurker for a while but am now in the position to be buying my first T6 or 6.1.

Have seen a few in the "for sale" section and really want to get one form an enthusiast rather than a dealer.

I've got friends with T6's and with 3 kids and a dog we've decided the SUV is to go and a van incoming, wife seems more excited than me so that's always a good thing!

Hoping my questions wont be too stupid but bear with..

Morning all.

Joined as have been a lurker for a while but am now in the position to be buying my first T6 or 6.1.

Have seen a few in the "for sale" section and really want to get one form an enthusiast rather than a dealer.

I've got friends with T6's and with 3 kids and a dog we've decided the SUV is to go and a van incoming, wife seems more excited than me so that's always a good thing!

Hoping my questions wont be too stupid but bear with..
Welcome to the forum.

The only stupid questions are those not asked - trust me, I've tested that theory extensively! :rolleyes:

Good evening all (assuming a UK audience)

Have been lurking for a week or so and just registered, researching all things campervan related prior to diving in.
Willkommen, bienvenu, bienvenidos, welkom ;)

Back