Watfield Wheel Spacers

Bigdumpy

Hi, I am looking to lower my van next month on H&R 50mm lowering springs and as I will be running the original devonport alloys I am also going to purchase wheel spacers. One manufacturer that keeps coming up is watfield precision engineering and I can see from an older post that a few members are using these spacers. What are people’s thoughts on these spacers would you recommend them especially for a T32? Thanks in advance

I used them on my t32 shuttle with no issues. Excellent engineering and would recommend to anyone. Think i might have a pair for sale if i can find them in my shed!.

Great thanks for the reply, going to measure the arches later to see what kind of gaps I have to fill.

Just fitted the same combination earlier this week. Excellent quality parts and make such a big difference to the overall look. Standard 17” wheels now fill the arches rather than being hidden inside. You will be very happy with the results.

Hi, I am looking to lower my van next month on H&R 50mm lowering springs and as I will be running the original devonport alloys I am also going to purchase wheel spacers. One manufacturer that keeps coming up is watfield precision engineering and I can see from an older post that a few members are using these spacers. What are people’s thoughts on these spacers would you recommend them especially for a T32? Thanks in advance

I’ll have a set of 50mm H&R springs for sale in a weeks time. They’ve been on the van for about 1000 miles (4 weeks). PM me if you’re interested.

Just fitted the same combination earlier this week. Excellent quality parts and make such a big difference to the overall look. Standard 17” wheels now fill the arches rather than being hidden inside. You will be very happy with the results.
Excellent! Do you have any pictures of the results?

Just curious who’s running the watfields spacers?, they appear to sell two different sizes 150mm for (alloy wheels) and 162mm (for steels) but I can’t work out why that would be the case surely the mounting face diameter should be the same as the existing mounting face where the wheel currently mounts. They also mention larger hubs but I can’t find anything relating to a smaller size? I’ve ran spacers in the past on other vehicles and never seen an option like this before. I’m guessing steel wheels have a bigger mounting surface area but why have the hassle of manufacturing spacers specifically for one wheel type?

Hi all, just bought a set of brand new 17" Devonports with standard continental van tyres, factory fitted for my T6, I want to fit spacers, the type that bolt on to the wheel hub first, there seems to be a problem getting the recommended H&R adaptors due to import delays, Watfields of Barnsley make and supply the size spacer/adaptor i want, 25mm rear, 20mm front at a better price than the H&R,s and they are readily available! Has anyone used this company and can anyone recommend them, or not as i have heard stories of cheaper products failing, which obviously is a major concern. Any experiences greatly appreciated,
Thanks

They do! 2x25mm plus 2x20mm spacer/adaptors with 20 hub bolts =£139, delivered. TUV approved and made in Britain. H&R double that! Watfields get good feedback for quality too

Hmm not for me I wouldn’t be bolting my wheel bolts into ally and at a reduced torque, I don’t want put anyone off, my opinion I also like to not additionally load my wheel bearings

Hmm not for me I wouldn’t be bolting my wheel bolts into ally and at a reduced torque, I don’t want put anyone off, my opinion I also like to not additionally load my wheel bearings
Agree, that’s why my running gear is stock and staying that way, the physics doesn’t add up.
There’s enough under the bonnet problems brewing with creating extras.

Cant be bothered to do the load calculation for spacers, I have in the past for people.
Mind you anyone that has knocked their wheel bearings out I do them as well lol

Back