Welcome new members

Hello all, picked our 68plate kombi up last week and so far had a couple of adventures with hopefully many years of them to come. Kids (2 and 6) nearly burst with excitement when they saw it which makes it all the more worth while. They also named it as seems to be the way with small people. Called it ‘Big Red’ not decided what to do with the layout of it yet but first stop headlights and stereo and wheels/tyres. Any advice is alway welcome.
Thanks
DanFF1C481E-2D6C-49C1-AD5F-6B36F31C96D4.jpeg

Hello all, picked our 68plate kombi up last week and so far had a couple of adventures with hopefully many years of them to come. Kids (2 and 6) nearly burst with excitement when they saw it which makes it all the more worth while. They also named it as seems to be the way with small people. Called it ‘Big Red’ not decided what to do with the layout of it yet but first stop headlights and stereo and wheels/tyres. Any advice is alway welcome.
Thanks
DanView attachment 167676
Congrats on the new addition. I love the red colour.
Personally I’d do suspension over wheels and tyres because the T5.1 Sportlines it’s currently got on look great against the red.
ICE is an easy one - @Absolut5 can fit or mail-order you some bits.
As for headlights… you can have the OEM LEDs retrofitted at quite a cost or buy the aftermarket H7 units which look great but (unless you fit HID or LED bulbs) function only a fraction better than the Caravelle H7’s, all of which are better than those H4’s!

Thanks
DanView attachment 167676
Welcome!

OEM H7 upgrade, easy and (relatively) cheap:

Thanks for the advice, will look into the H7s. Currently faffing about with the ‘sounds like a golf’ door seals followed the drawing / instructions and the drivers door needs a hefty slam to close otherwise it rebounds off the rubber. Is that common?

Thanks for the advice, will look into the H7s. Currently faffing about with the ‘sounds like a golf’ door seals followed the drawing / instructions and the drivers door needs a hefty slam to close otherwise it rebounds off the rubber. Is that common?
Some do, have a search on here, even better use a site specific Google search -
Site:t6forum.com

Hello Everyone.

Looking to purchase a 6.1 LWB panel van High Line manual ,new, for business use. Still researching before I go ahead so have been reading the forum over last few weeks.
Currently my daily driver is a MY20 Tiguan Bitdi which I dearly love, bought new, spec to how I want hence why I want to do the same with the transporter. Autoebid giving around 10% discount, what should I expect from the dealers?

Regards,
Neil

Currently faffing about with the ‘sounds like a golf’ door seals followed the drawing / instructions and the drivers door needs a hefty slam to close otherwise it rebounds off the rubber. Is that common?
Sadly yes it’s common… there’s is thread somewhere here where folk have made it better, strange but it never seems to be a problem on the drinkers side door…

Hello Everyone.

Looking to purchase a 6.1 LWB panel van High Line manual ,new, for business use. Still researching before I go ahead so have been reading the forum over last few weeks.
Currently my daily driver is a MY20 Tiguan Bitdi which I dearly love, bought new, spec to how I want hence why I want to do the same with the transporter. Autoebid giving around 10% discount, what should I expect from the dealers?

Regards,
Neil
Probably unlikely to get more than that from a dealer direct in the current market - more likely a lot less.

Hello Everyone.

Regards,
Neil
Welcome to the forum.

If you order through Autoebid, just be aware that the dealers that offer the biggest discounts aren't necessarily the dealers with the best allocation. JCB Van Centre in Ashford, Kent are a prime example - they offer great discounts, but all too often their name appears in this thread....

That's who I ordered through almost 15 months ago and I still don't have a confirmed build date.

Hello Everyone,

I've purchased a 2016 T6 Kombi 180DSG Highline. This place helped me look for all the do's/don't's and avoids and has been a brilliant source of info so fair play and thanks to all who contribute.

So far I have made the following improvements: side bars (usefull for hanging the ground sheet of the driveaway awning off), Vango Galli 3 air driveaway (awesome - tried the Outwell Jonesvill 290SA but sent it back as it was poor design and ripped), completely rewired 12 and 240v set-up as the tool who did the conversion seemed to want to kill his family and the people he eventually hired the van out to, replaced the Dometic sink and LPG piping with installation cert for the same reason as above, VW OEM bike rack and tougher struts, Waeco CRX50 fridge (brilliant kit), Victron MPPT, Victron BSC battery charger and Victron Orion DC-DC charger. Still got plenty tinkering to do but already enjoyed a few trips and a week in Yorkshire in it with the wife and son who both love it.

Still to do: finish 12V rewiring and relocate leisure battery to rear, fit vent below gas hob, fit drain to outside, try again with OBD11 to find why the electrically operated side door does not work on the remote, ignore/keep an eye on the whiring noise coming from PAS or AC pump or?, get a blackout something for the pop-top, send the VW head unit to have the digitizer replaced as right side does not work, fit and code OEM VW reversing camera, install Webasto/Eberspacher/Autoterms diesel heater, maybe install a water tank, H7 light conversion and probably a load more stuff I haven't realised I need/want yet.

Thanks, Neil

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I've purchased a 2016 T6 Kombi 180DSG Highline. This place helped me look for all the do's/don't's and avoids and has been a brilliant source of info so fair play and thanks to all who contribute.

So far I have made the following improvements: side bars (usefull for hanging the ground sheet of the driveaway awning off), Vango Galli 3 air driveaway (awesome - tried the Outwell Jonesvill 290SA but sent it back as it was poor design and ripped), completely rewired 12 and 240v set-up as the tool who did the conversion seemed to want to kill his family and the people he eventually hired the van out to, replaced the Dometic sink and LPG piping with installation cert for the same reason as above, VW OEM bike rack and tougher struts, Waeco CRX50 fridge (brilliant kit), Victron MPPT, Victron BSC battery charger and Victron Orion DC-DC charger. Still got plenty tinkering to do but already enjoyed a few trips and a week in Yorkshire in it with the wife and son who both love it.

Still to do: finish 12V rewiring and relocate leisure battery to rear, fit vent below gas hob, fit drain to outside, try again with OBD11 to find why the electrically operated side door does not work on the remote, ignore/keep an eye on the whiring noise coming from PAS or AC pump or?, get a blackout something for the pop-top, send the VW head unit to have the digitizer replaced as right side does not work, fit and code OEM VW reversing camera, install Webasto/Eberspacher/Autoterms diesel heater, maybe install a water tank, H7 light conversion and probably a load more stuff I haven't realised I need/want yet.

Thanks, Neil
Welcome! Sounds as if you have been busy!

Don’t forget to join your Team and post some pics!

Welcome! Sounds as if you have been busy!

Don’t forget to join your Team and post some pics!
Thanks. It wasn't by choice but I did buy it knowing it needed a bit of re-work however, I quickly discovered just how danagerous everything was and spent the last 3 weeks in a self-learning crash-course on how to re-fit a campervan electrical and gas system. Having said that, it has been quite enjoyable and I even surprised myself at some of my handywork....

Not sure what you mean about joining a team but will look it up and get it done.

Reactions: CAB
Not sure what you mean about joining a team but will look it up and get it done.
There a different "team" (thread) for each of the different van colours. Team Pure Grey, Team Indium Grey, etc.

Thanks. It wasn't by choice but I did buy it knowing it needed a bit of re-work however, I quickly discovered just how danagerous everything was and spent the last 3 weeks in a self-learning crash-course on how to re-fit a campervan electrical and gas system. Having said that, it has been quite enjoyable and I even surprised myself at some of my handywork....

Good stuff!

Find an appropriate Team (or more than one!) here:

Hello all - hope I'm posting in the right place, my first post ever, not just on this forum, in life!! I'm "only" 46, but have never felt the need before .......... but the thought of soon owning a T6 or T6.1 has excited me enough to give it a go. Sorry if I should have started a new thread. My Mitsubishi L200 is about to go back after the 3 year lease expires and I want to now buy something that is even more versatile, through my business. Haven't decide if it will be SWB or LWB yet (what's available will influence this too - can't be without wheels for too many months) and would like it to be 4Motion too as I tow a caravan, and maybe a horsebox one day soon too. Camper conversion is the main consideration, so again, exact model is very important ............. feel free to reply with any experiences/advice and hope to now join in with more threads!!

Hello all - hope I'm posting in the right place, my first post ever, not just on this forum, in life!! I'm "only" 46, but have never felt the need before .......... but the thought of soon owning a T6 or T6.1 has excited me enough to give it a go. Sorry if I should have started a new thread. My Mitsubishi L200 is about to go back after the 3 year lease expires and I want to now buy something that is even more versatile, through my business. Haven't decide if it will be SWB or LWB yet (what's available will influence this too - can't be without wheels for too many months) and would like it to be 4Motion too as I tow a caravan, and maybe a horsebox one day soon too. Camper conversion is the main consideration, so again, exact model is very important ............. feel free to reply with any experiences/advice and hope to now join in with more threads!!
Welcome to the forum.

FWIW, I would recommend LWB - every time! I've driven and camped in both and I'd say the extra 40cm in length is negligible when driving and only marginally trickier when parking, but it makes a huge difference to internal space. I'd also recommend a T30 for a full camper. With a T28 you'll need to be constantly vigilant you don't exceed the max GVW and with a T32 your wheel/tyre options are very limited (if you're looking to upgrade from standard wheels).

As for 4Motion, then you'll be restricted to either a 150 or a 199 bhp engine, either of which are suitable for towing. DSG is also a must in my view.

Welcome to the forum.

FWIW, I would recommend LWB - every time! I've driven and camped in both and I'd say the extra 40cm in length is negligible when driving and only marginally trickier when parking, but it makes a huge difference to internal space. I'd also recommend a T30 for a full camper. With a T28 you'll need to be constantly vigilant you don't exceed the max GVW and with a T32 your wheel/tyre options are very limited (if you're looking to upgrade from standard wheels).

As for 4Motion, then you'll be restricted to either a 150 or a 199 bhp engine, either of which are suitable for towing. DSG is also a must in my view.
Thanks Bav.

I really appreciate the feedback. I think the SWB looks a bit better, subjective I guess, but additional room is never a bad thing, especially with a long term investment. Wife prefers LWB simply for the space, she values practicality over looks, wonder what that says about me!! Has an impact on the GVW position too.

I certainly take your point onboard regarding the T30 vs T32. The driver here is that I believe the base vehicle needs to have a payload in excess of 1000kg to be classed as a commercial vehicle by HMRC . I'm not taking the base kerb weights as read that I've seen on autotrader, so will take further advice on this from the commercial deals when I visit them (Milton Keynes and Northampton) in 2 weeks time.

Look forward to driving a DSG and seeing how it feels. I'm old school, only ever had manuals, couldn't stand the thought of a crappy 5 speed auto. I'm looking forward to testing a DSG as I'm now ready to 'cruise' I think!

Catch up soon!

Markus

Haha! They tell us that size doesn't matter, but we know they don't really believe that ;)

The T32 wheel/tyre thing didn't put me off - I ordered one anyway. It's just a little restrictive if you want to stay legal and above board.

Previously, almost all of my driving has been in a manual. I had a brief spell with a Peugeot 406 which put my right off automatics (torque-converter + underpowered engine = mega frustration!), but the DSG is a different kettle of fish and makes for effortless driving.

Paul

Hi Everyone,

:waving:

We've recently taken delivery of our T6.1 Highline 2l Diesel SWB in Pure Grey that's been converted to sleep our little family of 4.

It's great to be here - the last time I joined an owners forum was when I had a motorbike :)

I'm going to be searching for some audio tips initially - as i've just upgraded the sound system:

APK 165P Speakers
Audison SR 4.5 Amp
Sound Proofing
Prima APBX 8AS Active Sub

And looking at how to get the most out of it.

Cheers
Joe

Back