Welcome new members

Hi just joined this magnificent forum, got a T6.1 due any minute, unfortunately it is struggling to get out of Hannover. Looking forward to some debate :)
Don’t worry mine is sitting in a secure lockup as we cannot to anywhere at the moment.

Reactions: CAB
Just joined today. Not as of yet got a T6 as I'm reading like mad before committing to it. I'm looking for a T6 campervan.

Thanks you for letting me join.

Welcome! are you looking for one pre-converted or are you going to get a van converted?

Just joined today. Not as of yet got a T6 as I'm reading like mad before committing to it. I'm looking for a T6 campervan.

Welcome. Only got our campervan last Thursday. The wait to get it seemed liked centuries but it was only decades really!

Enjoy the excitement of looking; ignore the terror of 'how much' then throw yourself into the mad frenzy of buying 'everything you didn't know existed but now you know, you know you must have'!

Not sure yet want to do a load of reading - like the idea of pre-converted, but open to best advise.

Cool! look around, ask all the questions you need (There will be lots)... Friendly around these parts! I've got my van booked into be converted in Feb, Conversion companies are extremely busy so don't expect a quick turn around if you do chose to get one converted... maybe 6 months!

Welcome. Only got our campervan last Thursday. The wait to get it seemed liked centuries but it was only decades really!

Enjoy the excitement of looking; ignore terror of 'how much' then throw yourself into the mad frenzy of buying 'everything you didn't know existed but now you know, you know you must have'!
Thanks, I have owned a 7-metre motorhome since 2011, but sold it last week. Knowledge of campervanning is very good but knowledge of VW is poor for now.

Cool! look around, ask all the questions you need (There will be lots)... Friendly around these parts! I've got my van booked into be converted in Feb, Conversion companies are extremely busy so don't expect a quick turn around if you do chose to get one converted... maybe 6 months!
Will I can wait 6 months if needs be or perhaps may buy a converted one. Reading and coffee for now.

Thanks, I have owned a 7-metre motorhome since 2011, but sold it last week. Knowledge of campervanning is very good but knowledge of VW is poor for now.
Ah you will have lots that will migrate across easily (and less expensively) then.

As JLo said, you couldn't have come to a better place for information. It's here in abundance.

Hello,
I'm Thomas from France and I drive a black T6 lowered with the B14PSS (only a few mm left !) on 18" Diewe Trina alloys (Gunmetal).

I have fallen in love with the VW transporters since my first one (white T4) and have driven each generation ever since.

You are very lucky in the UK for having such an easy market access to everything that concern modifying/converting/customizing !
Wish it could be the same in France
Hi I’m in France too where abouts ?

Welcome. I did about ten years or reading, killed two cars on looking at stuff. I then read on a forum to look for a local converter. So discussed my options with a couple of places here in Kent. One of whom didn’t come to anything.
However my break through was when I hired one from Big Blue Campers in Maidstone Kent. I took it away for a week. The owner Nick, told me where some of his vans came from, so I went down to the place in Ashford. So forty miles at most from home after all the travelling, and bought my van.
The Dub Hut in Ashford are talking on their website, or Instagram about doing a hire before you buy with them arrangement. So explore that to define what you want.
Hiring first, I worked out what I could live with, and what I couldn’t. My wife and I drew up a list of what we needed in a van, and what we could tolerate until we had more money. So air con was a must, as was a diesel heater. But we accepted a double front seat rather than a single captains chair for the queen.
Anyway that’s my tenpence worth. It worked for me, and broke my deadlock on getting a van. Although I accept I had been saving for twenty years to do it.
Hope this helps you out, and anyone else who stumbles on this.

Great pointers DS1969 and now I have started my notebook of wishes...... I agree with the diesel heater as had one for years in old motorhome and was a God send at times. Back to reading.......

Great pointers DS1969 and now I have started my notebook of wishes...... I agree with the diesel heater as had one for years in old motorhome and was a God send at times. Back to reading.......
Glad to be of help. I went to buy with a list. And both my wife and I knew where we would flex, or add stuff in later.
I even tried getting one built to a list, and nearly got there, it just happened the dub hut had one that was near enough. As I others are saying getting my list built would have meant waiting until May next year for the dub hut to do it, and very similar with other companies.

Welcome. I did about ten years or reading, killed two cars on looking at stuff. I then read on a forum to look for a local converter. So discussed my options with a couple of places here in Kent. One of whom didn’t come to anything.
However my break through was when I hired one from Big Blue Campers in Maidstone Kent. I took it away for a week. The owner Nick, told me where some of his vans came from, so I went down to the place in Ashford. So forty miles at most from home after all the travelling, and bought my van.
The Dub Hut in Ashford are talking on their website, or Instagram about doing a hire before you buy with them arrangement. So explore that to define what you want.
Hiring first, I worked out what I could live with, and what I couldn’t. My wife and I drew up a list of what we needed in a van, and what we could tolerate until we had more money. So air con was a must, as was a diesel heater. But we accepted a double front seat rather than a single captains chair for the queen.
Anyway that’s my tenpence worth. It worked for me, and broke my deadlock on getting a van. Although I accept I had been saving for twenty years to do it.
Hope this helps you out, and anyone else who stumbles on this.
Hiring or borrowing is definitely recommended, you get to see what you can live with and what you can't do without :thumbsup:

@Qnapper you will soon pick up the knowledge on here. So much knowledge and so many knowledgeable members who will help when you need it the most.

Welcome to the Forum, glad you are here:thumbsup:

Back