Welcome new members

Hi I'm Paul we are (thats the wife) getting our T6 around the end of November should be ready the 24th, but don't think we will be able to collect it until the lock down has finished. Not sure its essential travel (I think it is) so may have to put it off until early dec unless its ready before.
So its a T6 2019 Trendline got a few extra on it and a camper van.
Really looking forward to getting it and making use of it over the next few years. It will also be the wife's daily driver not that she goes out every day.
Cheers Paul

Hi all, first post having just joined after lurking for a while. Switched last year from Landy Discovery (so well used to spending money) to 18 plate T6 Caravelle Exec in deep black. I'll do my searching but please bear with me for newbie questions. Loving the whole T6 scene.

Afternoon all, second post after sticking some pics up on the team deep black page.
Had been looking at chopping in my A6 avant as it was just too small for family trips and settled on a T6. Spent a bit of time looking at what i wanted (against what i needed) and had to wait to get the right deal.

So at the start of October i picked up my 68 plate, 204dsg Kombi with 9.5k on the clock. A good few options had been selected by the previous owner, heated seats, power fold mirrors, twin sliders, led headlights, power latching doors and tailgate, reverse camera etc. Even came with a spare set of seats (not really, but it is an 8 seater with the rear bench now living in my garage as i only needed 5 seats (also had to buy a single seat for the left as the seat didnt fold or have isofix).

Absolutely loving it so far, apart from the mpg - was used to 45+mpg with the A6, now getting about 32mpg :eek:.

I have to say though - you guys had got a lot to answer for - already spent a fortune putting silent coat, dodo thermo liner and thermo fleece everywhere, double sealing the front doors (sounds fantastic now with the sound deadening and is very quiet), stronger struts as the tailgate woulnt stay open with all the extra material added, putting in usb ports to the lower b-pillars for the kids, getting a spare set of wheels so that i can run summer and winter tyres.

Anyhoo, no doubt i'll be asking you all some daft questions about speakers and other upgrades (no plans to turn it into a camper - this is strictly family transport), and i think i'll now go ask my first daft question on the lighting page :)
IMG_20201109_152440.jpg

Hi All,
Just joined having bought a T6 2017 LWB Kombi and this forum has been a treasure trove of information so far. That said it's also lethal in terms of inspiring me to spend money. Still, rough with the smooth and all that.
Lots planned for it, but starting with the sound deadening and insulation so we can sleep in in straight away without having to worry as much about the noise and the cold.
Definitely planning on converting to a camper, but via the day van route to start.
I love my experience of the Transporter community so far and I'm looking forward to becoming more involved.

Hi I'm Paul we are (thats the wife) getting our T6 around the end of November should be ready the 24th, but don't think we will be able to collect it until the lock down has finished. Not sure its essential travel (I think it is) so may have to put it off until early dec unless its ready before.
So its a T6 2019 Trendline got a few extra on it and a camper van.
Really looking forward to getting it and making use of it over the next few years. It will also be the wife's daily driver not that she goes out every day.
Cheers Paul
Some places are doing delivery. Might be worth checking. Who is doing the conversion?

Ours is currently in a PDI queue before being delivered.

Some places are doing delivery. Might be worth checking. Who is doing the conversion?

Ours is currently in a PDI queue before being delivered.
Hi company called Cavallino Campers in Western supermare so was ok before lockdown may have to wait until the 5th of December.
But like you got lots of plans of things to do.
Paul

Afternoon all, second post after sticking some pics up on the team deep black page.
Had been looking at chopping in my A6 avant as it was just too small for family trips and settled on a T6. Spent a bit of time looking at what i wanted (against what i needed) and had to wait to get the right deal.

So at the start of October i picked up my 68 plate, 204dsg Kombi with 9.5k on the clock. A good few options had been selected by the previous owner, heated seats, power fold mirrors, twin sliders, led headlights, power latching doors and tailgate, reverse camera etc. Even came with a spare set of seats (not really, but it is an 8 seater with the rear bench now living in my garage as i only needed 5 seats (also had to buy a single seat for the left as the seat didnt fold or have isofix).

Absolutely loving it so far, apart from the mpg - was used to 45+mpg with the A6, now getting about 32mpg :eek:.

I have to say though - you guys had got a lot to answer for - already spent a fortune putting silent coat, dodo thermo liner and thermo fleece everywhere, double sealing the front doors (sounds fantastic now with the sound deadening and is very quiet), stronger struts as the tailgate woulnt stay open with all the extra material added, putting in usb ports to the lower b-pillars for the kids, getting a spare set of wheels so that i can run summer and winter tyres.

Anyhoo, no doubt i'll be asking you all some daft questions about speakers and other upgrades (no plans to turn it into a camper - this is strictly family transport), and i think i'll now go ask my first daft question on the lighting page :)
View attachment 91283
Hi - just a quick message to re-assure you about mpg. My first tank I got 28mpg and though wtf have I done . Now averaging 44 - partly slightly tweaking my driving (it is a van and not a sports car) but also I reckon when you first pick them up with sub 10,000 miles on as we both have they have a tendency to be doing a re-gen if they’ve been standing a while and seem to improve by being used. Nice colour btw

Hi all. I have been looking for a transporter for a while now, with plans to purchase one in the next couple of years. However, thanks to my dad (who won one in a competition) I am now the owner of this beauty. Plans to tidy up the cab, change the wheels and add a bed of some description, but my first ‘mod’ after reading a post regarding wheels and tyres, is to buy four new tyres that are load rated to cover my T32. Just ordered some Eagle F1’s fitted at Kwik-Fit of all places for under £600!
E5479668-0BE7-45FF-8475-1DE21798B54B.png

Back