Welcome new members

Hi all,

Browsed the forum for the longest while but after recently convincing the Mrs to get a camper decided to sign up!

Currently hunting for a T6.1 (or maybe a T6 if the pricew as right), highline, LWB with tailgate in indium grey.

Hi all,

Browsed the forum for the longest while but after recently convincing the Mrs to get a camper decided to sign up!

Currently hunting for a T6.1 (or maybe a T6 if the pricew as right), highline, LWB with tailgate in indium grey.
Welcome....you’ve chosen the best colour....post some pics ..happy hunting :waving:

Just got the same dude! What sort of DIY kit are you going for???
Good choice :D Thinking of getting this Evo 5.4F LWB Like the double 3 shelf wardrobe & the curved cupboard behind the drivers seat (Plan on a swivel). I've done a few things so far Audio, Sound deadening, Insulation, Egr pipe:mad:. Just about to do rear passenger quarter window and fake drivers rear quarter window. keeping me busy and spending the budget!

Thought I would say hello as I have just picked up a gorgeous fully converted Cherry Red T28 140. I will get some pictures up in the morning!
First job is to get it ready to go - gas bottles, tableware, bedding etc. I want to fit a passenger swivel so looking at the Rusty Lee after a read on here, we also want a heater so currently reading up on that (thinking externally fitted webasto)

Anyway, hi and thanks for the advice so far (I've been lurking for a bit:)

Hi Guys,
After some help,
Currently have 18” sportline rims on.. want to put some at3 all terrains on them.
1- do you think this would look right?
2- would they actually fit on properly.
(Van has not been lowered)

any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hi Guys,
After some help,
Currently have 18” sportline rims on.. want to put some at3 all terrains on them.
1- do you think this would look right?
2- would they actually fit on properly.
(Van has not been lowered)

any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks

Are the AT3 General ? If your after opinion, more information about exactly what tyre and what you want it for may help. Looks are subjective, I can not advise on that. A number of members have fitted tyres with more of an of road bias. Their is no problem with the genre of tyre, it may depend on the size and how big that you may want to go, with or without modifications. Is this for off road use perhaps. Their are also outlets here in UK and Europe that specialsie in preparations specifically for expedition or more purposeful off road use.

looks great! I love the colour. what sort of wheels and tyres are you using? Do you have a lift on the suspension..your clearance looks good.
Cheers, yeah the pics really don't do the colour justice! No clue what make the wheels are, but 20inch running on Haida tyres, never heard of Haida but seem to keep the van on the road ok (for now!) Clearance is standard factory build height, not messed with it yet, to be honest might even leave it alone as it seems to fit the 20's nice and also handy to be a little higher for access to some of the campsites.

As Outback say, that's a lovely paint job but those camp sites look like they're on a serious slope that even levelling ramps couldn't hope to sort out;)
Thanks! yeah I think the pic's are just my wonky camera work, most likely taken after a couple of glasses of fizz!

Hi all! Picked up my van on Saturday, absolutely love it! T6 TDI LWB Shuttle in Acapulco Blue! Not only have the wife and I achieved our lifelong ambition to own a VW Transporter, but I have finally made the switch to Automatic!!

One minor annoyance, the digital speedometer on the dash is in KMh and can't seem to change to MPh... anyone got any advice on how to change?

Am gutted.

A 69 plate LWB T6.1 with loads of options popped up on autotrader over the weekend (with no pictures) and just haggled a great deal on what I thought was too good to be true after watching the video they sent - its a 6 hour journey to the dealer. Waiting on the paperwork to be emailed over to submit a desposit this morning and decided to watch over the video again they sent and noticed its not actually a LWB...phoned the dealer back and they confirm they have indeed listed it incorrectly online.

Sad times. The search goes on!

Hello all,joined in the week,taking delivery of a 16 reg t28 tomorrow(euro 5),bought it from(stole it from) my partners relative,its only covered 9k from new,apart from a oil change which I'll do when I get it,any other service parts you folks would recommend?
Look forward to picking everyone's knowledgeable brains in the future :)

Hello everybody.
Thanks for all the information and quality replies on the forum. New member to #teamblackberry. It's a 2016 TSI DSG Caravelle. I chopped in my T5.1 Caravelle with pop top for this and absolutely delighted. Already booked in to BMVS next week for Revo Stage 1, TVS DSG map, DSG box service, Revo airfilter and coding to make the wing mirrors go up when you lock them. That's phase 1. After that phase 2 will be coilovers. Needs to go down. Then final phase, 3, IMG_4319.jpg will be wheels. IMG_4315.jpg

Hi @nealfairfield,

Welcome to the forum

Quick few questions for you?

Can you tell me if the back seat of your velle turn into a bed?

Also can you remove the seats directly behind the driver and passenger seats so you only have the rear bench and table?

cheers

Hi @Texxaco

Thanks for the welcome.

yes to both questions. And if the single chairs are removed the rear bench can slide as far forward as you like, so you can run it like a Kombi.

Hi all! Picked up my van on Saturday, absolutely love it! T6 TDI LWB Shuttle in Acapulco Blue! Not only have the wife and I achieved our lifelong ambition to own a VW Transporter, but I have finally made the switch to Automatic!!

One minor annoyance, the digital speedometer on the dash is in KMh and can't seem to change to MPh... anyone got any advice on how to change?
Hi @Crispian22
It is possible to change to read in MPH, but you will need or neeg to know someone with a Carista plug in reader thingy. If you use the search function you will find plenty of poststo assist you.

Back