Webasto-Light brightness.

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Last night I slept in the van and didn't have any electrical tape to block out the horrendously bright glow emitted from the white light on the top right hand side of the Webasto control panel. (Turns green when in heat mode)

Whilst the screen brightness can be reduced, the brightness of the white/green led remains as bright as the sun!

Anyone know if a Webasto dealer can change this?

3245849E-E629-4AD0-99AC-3FA744DB32CC.jpeg

Glad you pointed this out - I was thinking of upgrading my basic rheostat version to one of those but perhaps I will stick with it now.

It times out after a while anyway. ( should - see below )
Does night brightness setting not change it? ( must admit that it has never concerned me at all on mine ) Will test one out later.

Last edited:
No - cannot be done - I have tried setting constant night mode with brightness turned right down with no effect.
The only thing that you can do is use something to make the led window more opaque unless you can desolder and solder smd resistors ( currently 10kΩ aND 15 KΩ )

Window;

IMG_1911a (Copy).jpg

SMD resistors:

IMG_1913a (Copy).jpg

Last edited:
If your light isn't switching itself off the controller has been set up wrong - if you look in the parameters above there is " permanent mode" - if this is off the led will switch off after approx. 60 seconds.
30 second job to connect and change it with the correct tools. Annoyingly converters fit Webastos but do not or can not set up the controller correctly.
You can not adjust this with your knob though( just for @JOG ), has to be Webasto software.

Last edited:
If your light isn't switching itself off the controller has been set up wrong - if you look in the parameters above there is " permanent mode" - if this is off the led will switch off after approx. 60 seconds.
30 second job to connect and change it with the correct tools. Annoyingly converters fit Webastos but do not or can not set up the controller correctly.
You can not adjust this with your knob though( just for @JOG ), has to be Webasto software.
Nothing wrong with the operation. Just the loudness of the led!

Gotcha. I missed your previously helpful comment about "permanent mode". I guess I need a trip to somewhere that can plug into a Webasto?

Yes, but make sure that they have the Webasto dongle and latest software that can directly access the Multicontrol, installers tend to be just installers without the correct gear. If you are stuck you could always post it to me as it is easy enough as I have the correct dongle and software - it would only take me 5 seconds to do off the heater.

Back