Control drivers electric window from passenger side???

dhardyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi there,

I've been toying with fitting a drivers side switch panel to the passenger door in my T6 Caravelle.

The initial plan was to get a passenger side central locking button but none of the options I have found for the single window switch panel have the central locking buttons. So I've obtained a drivers side panel with the double window switches and adapted the wiring in the door with bits of a drivers side door loom to connect the central locking. I've also had to use the bigger plug to suit the double switch.

In the drivers side loom there is a white/red wire for the drivers window and a white/green wire for the passenger side window that both go to the drivers side window module. I have the left window working on the left switch in each pair and am chuffed with progress :)

The drivers side module has 4 pins from the switch module, whereas the passenger side has only 3. I have spliced the lock button into the lighting circuit in the passenger door and everything glows as it should.- I have extended the wiring for the yellow central locking signal wire and the white/red wire through the door grommet and have it emerging behind the dash. I'm confident that I can find the yellow wire on pin 8 of a plug under the dash on the drivers side where the driver's door loom connects.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a drivers window control wire under the dash near the BCM /door loom connections?
2. Will I get dual window controls by splicing my white/red extended wire from the passenger door switch to the drivers door loom wiring under the dash?
(failing that, is there an obvious reason that it wouldn't work if I splice into the white/red wire in the drivers door ?)

Having fought with the door panel on the drivers door several times in the last few weeks I should have pulled some spare wires through the grommet last time I had it accessible and I really would rather not go in there again if its possible to splice into the right bits in the cabin / under the dash.

I'll be making something to fit in the square mirror controls hole left in the bezel - maybe a 3D printed blanking plate / some sort of switch / power socket etc. Everything I've done so far can be reverted quite quickly as I have left the original passenger door switch loom taped up. 5 minutes with a pair of side cutters and a spudger would get the old loom plugged back into the door module / switches and working exactly as before I fiddled with it.

I'll be starting to put the dash back together from tomorrow evening so hopefully it'll all be seamlessly operational by the weekend

Thoughts?

Have you checked the wiring diagrams and compared the wiring between the sides ?
Should all be in the download section

Have you checked the wiring diagrams and compared the wiring between the sides ?
Should all be in the download section
I did, it’s not obvious, so I think the door controller is involved and I didn’t find anything out about LHD driver door controllers coexisting with a RHD door controller.

I went with extending the white/red across the dash and splicing into the white/red in the drivers door. It works fine - seems to be the same principle as the central locking switch with the different positions equating to different resistance values.

I have yet to see who would win if both switches were operated at the same time. The one touch up down works perfectly.

Have just received the caravelle back from Exploria (fitting the pop top and solar panel) and will have a crack at making a blank for the mirror switch hole now I have the thing physically in my hands again

Back