Webasto Heater remote control option available?

Doh! I was checking which model I have last night when it became apparent that I don't actually have a Webasto. It's an Eberspacher D2! It appears that there is an app to control it called Easystart - I don't suppose anyone has experience of setting this up?

TBH the Telestart is all you need, I can start mine up to 1000m away and by the time I have walked to the van it is more than warm enough. Thermocall is a bit over the top if all you need is to switch on from the house which is adequately covered by using Telestart or a timer.
Telestart HTM100 which is the 1000m range is just over £420 list price UK but can be purchased for around £270 from Germany. ( That is what I fitted to mine) Easy enough to fit yourself, you don't need an installer. No sim card worries then.
Thermocall is around the same £400 price, maybe a fraction cheaper. Install yourself again.

Depends upon what heater you have fitted as to what you can use as I said earlier.

hey, wonder if you can clear something up for me. Mine van's in this week having a webasto installed, and although i didn't see the need for the module for using an App / sim card to control it..... I do like the sound of the "telestart" setup!

Can you confirm / advise if i can use the telestart on a "airtop2000 stc" webasto system? And If so, can you confirm where you have to connect the plug into? Does it go inline where the controller wires onto the main harness of the system?

Suitable for the STC!
On the STC it depends upon what controller you are using - if you are using a Multicontrol you will need a Y-cable for the Telestart. Basically all it does is give you another 12v supply for the Telestart and a W-bus connection for control. If you have just the standard rheostat rotary control the connector for the Telestart will be free to use without a Y-cable. I would get the HTM100 Telestart as this gives the greatest range and you get a LCD screen on your remote fob!

Suitable for the STC!
On the STC it depends upon what controller you are using - if you are using a Multicontrol you will need a Y-cable for the Telestart. Basically all it does is give you another 12v supply for the Telestart and a W-bus connection for control. If you have just the standard rheostat rotary control the connector for the Telestart will be free to use without a Y-cable. I would get the HTM100 Telestart as this gives the greatest range and you get a LCD screen on your remote fob!

Thanks for the reply!! Really wish I'd known about this a week or two earlier as I could have ordered the parts and had it fitted as the same time.
This is the controller being used, it has a short lead on it... assuming the HTM100 connects to this controller, does it need a Y splitter?

webasto controller.jpg

Yes - about 12 inches down the lead from that Multicontrol there is a connector where the Y-cable would be inserted.

Yes - about 12 inches down the lead from that Multicontrol there is a connector where the Y-cable would be inserted.

Okay awesome, that’s as I expected and means I can hopefully install the htm100 unit up behind that overhead cubby hole.
Any idea what the y splitter is called or where to buy from? I can’t find it anywhere as a listed item and the webasto website is really not very user friendly. Would be great if they had a parts comparability section!

ESVT-Adapter - it should be included with the Telestart - I would do a pic of mine but it is all tucked away behind the panelling.

esvt.jpg
esvt.png

Having internet problems at present - there is a Telestart just listed on Ebay Telestart T100 | eBay I can't view it at present but it may be a new one. If I get full connectivity back I'll take a look at it.

Having internet problems at present - there is a Telestart just listed on Ebay Telestart T100 | eBay I can't view it at present but it may be a new one. If I get full connectivity back I'll take a look at it.

Yeah thats the one, starting bid of £180 though so by the time the bidding ends it will be up to the cost of the ones supplied by the 'German' :)

EDITED:
And it's from estonia......

@oldiebut goodie , thanks for the advice.... i've placed the order for the Telestart from the German supplier. Excited to collect my van tomorrow from @Absolut5 who have been carrying out some nice upgrades..... but certainly looking forward to having a nice warm bus in the mornings!

Back