Webasto Coolant Heater Lockout - Codes

I am not too sure if you have access to the green/white under the passenger seat - I seem to recollect a post about it being present there but may have got my memories mixed up! Somewhere on here it was discussed! I am more used to the air heaters and others have been through the OEM Webasto wiring so the info is here somewhere. I'll see if I can track down the relevant posts.

Ok thanks, that looks hopeful I will check tomorrow. I am still confused as to why the VCDS couldn’t do the reset. I have been trawling through the Ross-Tech forum and it comes up many times that people have that the 02251 lockout code and have successfully unlocked it with adaptions?

Webasto dealer will need to access that plug.
Even if VCDS did erase the lockout I doubt that it can do the fuel prime which the Webasto software can do. You need the fuel to be primed otherwise you could be in lockout territory again.

Just to close this one out and thank you for you support.
I called a local Webasto dealer who was very helpful on the phone and as he was unsure whether he would be able to communicate with it through the ODB port so wanted to contact Germany to check. He never called back. So I decided on plan B and booked in to the local VW van centre to have the adblue firmware recall done and I thought that whilst they were plugged in they could sort the Webasto. Initially they said they had to charge me 1/2 hour labour (£81.00 !!!) but kindly reduced this to £31. So at least now all is working again and I have my 8 free adblue fill up voucher. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: mmi
The Webasto dealer doesn't need access to the OBD port - as I said above all he needs is the W-bus or K-line wire which should be under the passenger seat. Didn't you inform him as to where it was?

Yes we both agreed that he could access it through the W-bus and I was prepared for him to do that but he just wanted to check the OBD access and how much it was integrated in to the VW system. It was more the fact that he didn't call me back. It would have cost me anyway if I had gone with him so I just chose to take the VW route.

Pity you had to pay - I wouldn't have the nerve to charge for 2 mouse clicks! 1 on faults on the menu and one on the sub-menu and jobs done. 3 clicks to prime the fuel line. Did you get the fuel line primed and the heater checked for function?

wtt.jpg

Back