The red connector has 17 pins and the green/white cable is sitting in one of the end pins as per this picture

This connector connects to another red connector and there is no pin on the other side of the green/white cable

IMG_5936 copy.jpg

If green/white cable is sitting in number 1 then you are in business ;)

Reactions: mmi
Well Despite a heroic effort by @James fitch yesterday we could not get this to work...

Software was flashed, coding changed but there seems to be a communications problem - I don't know if potentially the T91R Telestart module I have (3Q0.963.513) is not compatible ?

We were getting the following error codes :

280 - (U10BA00) Local Data Bus No Communication
281 - (U10BA00) Local Data Bus No Communication
6714 - (U112100) Database missing message

The remote control flashes orange for roughly 2 seconds and then flashes green 6 or 7 times

IMG_5943 copy.jpg IMG_5945 copy.jpg IMG_5946 copy.jpg

There is no communication.
So there are only few possibilities. Lin Bus cable not connected properly or your module is damaged.
With your original incorrect wiring,
did you connect the module to the plug?

No connection before I had the correct wiring so agreed, maybe the module doesn’t work / is faulty ?

There is no easy way to test it as far as I can tell?

When I contacted one eBay seller they suggested I must have a Webasto with X at the end of the part number for the telestart module (they were selling) to work

is there a way to check compatibility with different modules?

To enable remote controller unit, bit 4 (of byte 0) should be set in controller 18. So shouldn't it be actually 5101 (instead of 4101 on pic)?
For the decode see --> Webasto Aux/parking (water) Heater Configuration With Vcds

However, the LIN bus disconnect is a mystery - and actually if coding is 4101 the Webasto shouldn't even bother with that I believe :unsure:.

The remote control flashes orange for roughly 2 seconds and then flashes green 6 or 7 times
Flashing Orange = remote battery voltage low
Flashing Green = no response from the controller.

Seems that the remote is not paired?
(1) Remove controller fuse for minimum 5 sec.
(2) Replace fuse
(3) Between 2...6 seconds press OFF button on remote for 1 sec.
(4) Verify operation pressing OFF - steady red light when paired.​

"So shouldn't it be actually 5101 (instead of 4101 on pic)?"

Was actually changed to 5001.
That photo was taken to record original settings.

Yes, should have said that the picture was just a record of the original settings

Well, I have paired the remote again (did it at least 3 times yesterday) and it seems to have finally paired successfully - When I press the ON button I get a steady orange for 3 seconds which then changes to green - When I press OFF I get a steady orange for 3 seconds which then changes to red

Sadly still no heater control..

I also received a new loom today from Kufatec which has no instructions but seems to be wired the same way as the loom I made - I will try it just in case though

Ok, Kufatec loom tried and same result, no heater control

Is there a possibility the communication is different between the different T91R Modules (5Q0 963 513 & 5Q0 963 513 A) ?

The module I bought is the black one (5Q0 963 513)

5Q0 963 513.png

5Q0 963 513 A.png

Do you still have the faults or managed to clear them?
Yes, should have said that the picture was just a record of the original settings

Well, I have paired the remote again (did it at least 3 times yesterday) and it seems to have finally paired successfully - When I press the ON button I get a steady orange for 3 seconds which then changes to green - When I press OFF I get a steady orange for 3 seconds which then changes to red

Sadly still no heater control..
Seems good....

So, you got WHITE 5Q0.963.513? Just clarifying as in the picture the black one 3Q.963.513 has a remote next to it - which I don't think can be paired with it.

Anyways, with diagnostics tool - in block measurement IDE06649 (4 of them) are listed the paired remotes (the address as on the sticker on remote).

Thanks @mmi

To confirm, I have :

T91R unit with part number (5Q0963513) - The black one complete with remote control (like the picture)

I wonder if I need :

T91R unit (The white one) with part number (5Q0963513A) for my 2016 model Transporter Shuttle ?

I have tried searching part catalogues to understand which one I need or even if there is any difference between part number 5Q0 963 513 and part number 5Q0 963 513A (other than the colour)

Are you sure that it is a T91R remote - it looks like a T91 to me. Open the battery compartment and if you are lucky the model no. will be in there on a sticker. The second one with the white casing looks like a T91R

tele1.png
tele2.png

I have a couple of the latest model ones if you want to try one.

So the faults are still there? The unit 5Q0 963 513 can't be reached (not seen) by diagnostics tool?

Here is a part of a VCDS Scan of MY16 T6:

Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364) Labels:| 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 963 272 B HW: 7E0 963 272 A
Component: STH-T5GP2 002 0009
Coding: 5801

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 963 513 A HW: 5Q0 963 513 A
Component: R149 T91-LIN 003 0301
Generally any part number with a suffix A/B/etc. tells just that there has been a production change related to original design (without suffix). In general they should be compatible backwards and forwards (however, there are quite a few exceptions on the rule).

E.g. New remotes for 3Q0- controller have already suffix B. But they still work with 3Q0-controller without suffix.

Thanks @oldiebut goodie - I may take you up on that offer if that’s ok. Happy to pay shipping and a deposit etc.

I’ll check the remote tomorrow for more details, see if we can work this out!

@mmi - agreed, I thought this was the correct T91 and the “A” revision was not much more than a cosmic change.

my only concern is based upon a seller of T91 modules telling me I must have a Webasto part number ending X to use the T91 he was selling ( a 5Q0 963 513A version)

@mmi - agreed, I thought this was the correct T91 and the “A” revision was not much more than a cosmic change.

my only concern is based upon a seller of T91 modules telling me I must have a Webasto part number ending X to use the T91 he was selling ( a 5Q0 963 513A version)

Just thinking about this.
I dont think issue is remote related as remember that your one wasn’t showing the slave module in the scan, it didn’t show under section 18 the following info. Just showed the main heater.

Our ones have this showing also:

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 963 513 A HW: 5Q0 963 513 A
Component: R149 T91-LIN 003 0301

i think if you swap that for a white one, it’ll work.

j

I think I have seen a similar/same advert with mention of must have ending X. However there Webasto part# was for Golf/Passat. To me it seemed there was a mixup of the "X" - actually meaning the suffix can be anything (even empty) but the Webasto part# is the significant. I'm not aware that the suffix would define such a critical feature. I'm afraid that there even does not exist any Webasto that would have part number with suffix X.

I'd also like also to think that the remote is not issue. Steady green or red means it has established communication. You can verify that easily - just remove the fuse of the controller - you will get again flashing red/green.

Put the fuse back - wait 30 secs (just not to resync) before pressing a button. Steady again.

Thanks @James fitch - I’m thinking the same

Although the remote is now paired (don’t think it was yesterday) I think the T91 is not ‘online’ and therefore not communicating with the can bus

Definitely think the next move is to try another / different T91 module

Back