I forgot (on your advice) that we set the heater to be run from the battery management :)

As we do surfing here in the Irish sea its VERY nice to have a warm van to come back to !

In the attachment the OEM way - (also my way).

However, the heater cabin blower will still run from starter battery - approx. 6 Amps still remaining (of total of 12 Amps).

However, I think you can't drain starter battery (too low) by using the Webasto - the Energy Management kicks in well before and either prevents starting the heater or shuts it down. A quote from my post ---> VCDS And Carista Fault Codes
"​
0040 [B1381 00] - Shutdown by Battery Management Module
Van was not driven for 4 weeks, Webasto didn't start from a remote, however the van still cranked and started just fine. Temperature -1℃ .
Battery Management (61) reported available charge 18 Ah (Battery 92 Ah, 2+ years).
"​

For me this turned out to be a Windows problem (what a surprise) I used a different laptop with Windows 10 and it worked fine

I've seen the same a few times. Still under investigation but at the moment the prime suspect is battery voltage getting low. I seem to get this starting at around 12 Volts at cigarette socket but can't tell what's at the BCM or at the OBD-socket (definitely less anyway).

Hi, I've just bought my first Transporter (2015 T6 with Euro 6 engine) and new to the forum. I had no idea when I bought the van that it even had an auxiliary heater, and now after reading this thread I'm quite excited to convert it into a parking heater! I live in the Alps, so it will be perfect for the cold mornings and not freezing to death on any winter camping trips. So firstly, a big thank you to everyone on here who has shared the information on how to get it done.

My heater is version 7E0 963 273, and I have the manual Climatic A/C. I understand from @James fitch that I need to install a new relay to power the blower.

Changed coding to 5001 as suggested, and now works fine!
Added in the relay and tapped into pin5 on the blower control and fan comes on when activating also!
Much easier doing firmware update through VCP.
Many thanks again for providing this information and help, i hope your info helps other people too.

After looking through the circuit diagrams I guess this must be the J8 relay.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.50.16 PM.png

Unfortunately for me, when I look at at the T17p plug in my van it doesn't have any wire currently in pin 5.

IMG_3807.jpg

@James fitch did you have this already wired into your plug? Or if not, did you have to wire it directly to T6au/1? Does anyone know how easy it would be to get access to T76au?

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.28.35 PM.png

Or alternatively, I read on this thread that Pin 3 of the Telestart unit gives a +12V output signal. Is this output active the whole time the heater is running from the remote? If so, do you think that it would be possible to use that signal for the relay J8 to run the blower? I guess I could use a relay with an ON delay so that the heater can run for a few minutes before starting the blower.

Here's the details of my heater:

Address 18: Aux. Heat
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 963 273
Component and/or Version: STH-T5GP2 002 0007
Software Coding: 4101
Work Shop Code: WSC 02737
VCID: 6A8DC6BB9CFE26ABEC7-803E

Advanced Identification/FAZIT
Identification: WOS-000
Date: 13.10.15
Manufacturer number: 4342
Test stand number: 6636
Flash Status
Programming Attempts(application): 1/0/0
Flash Date: 00.00.00
Misc.
Hardware number: 7E0 963 273
Workshop System Name: J364
Equipment/PR Code: 000000000000000000000000
Dataset Number: -----------
Dataset Version: ----
ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2
ASAM Dataset Revision: 001010

Has anyone successfully retrofitted the OEM control panel like @mmi has in his van?
To complete your now almost Nordic setup - an OEM control panel/timer working in parallel with remote.
18-aux_heat_webasto_overhead_control-jpg.20991

Added functionality:
  • timer (3 programmable times - time + week day -> max week ahead), however they are just one shot - can only activate the next event (can't activate repeats e.g. automatically every Mo-Fr at 6:15, need always to "authorize" the next one).
  • set mode: heat or ventilation only
  • set heat/vent time on remote (as in pic 30 mins)
  • child lock
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As in MY18, MY19
Address 6E: Ctrl Head Roof (J702) Labels:. 7E5-919-037-W2.clb
Part No SW: 7E5 919 037 J HW: 7E5 919 037 J
Component: Dachdisplay H17 0200
Revision: 1010013S Serial number: 62xxxx
Coding: 000103 (with remote, without 000102)

As in MY16
Address 6E: Ctrl Head Roof (J702) Labels:. 7E5-919-037-W2.clb
Part No SW: 7E5 919 037 G HW: 7E5 919 037 G
Component: Dachdisplay H15 0185
Revision: 10100011 Serial number: 40xxxx
Coding: 000103 (with remote, without 000102)

It looks like it only needs a connection to power supply and CAN bus? Is there anything else?

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.53.31 PM.png

Or does anyone have any alternative control panel/timer that they would recommend?

Last edited:
This is my way ;).

Hi @Robert, from your video it looks as though you have the automatic Cimatronic A/C. Unfortunately I've only got the manual Climatic A/C so will need to do some extra wiring to get it to work.

You mentioned that the Telestart produces a 12V output on PIN number 3. Is this output active the whole time that the heater is running? Or does it only come on momentarily when the heater starts up? I'm wondering if I could possibly use it as a signal to start the blowers.

Once the Telestart is triggered remotely it produces 12V DC output on pin number 3 (green wire in my case). This then could be used as a ON confirmation signal. I don't know where to connect it, maybe horn:p:D:rofl:

View attachment 64752

Hi @Robert, from your video it looks as though you have the automatic Cimatronic A/C. Unfortunately I've only got the manual Climatic A/C so will need to do some extra wiring to get it to work.

You mentioned that the Telestart produces a 12V output on PIN number 3. Is this output active the whole time that the heater is running? Or does it only come on momentarily when the heater starts up? I'm wondering if I could possibly use it as a signal to start the blowers.
Yes, once you click the ON button on the remote the Telestart output constantly produces 12V DC and this could be used to energise any relay.

Reactions: mmi
Link for Webasto FlashFiles MEGA
There are 3 files:
FL_7E0963272B__0009.frf - Parking Heater
FL_7E0963272C__0009.frf - Parking Heater
FL_7E0963273A__0009.frf - Engine Heater
Name of flash file dedicated for specified module you can find here: VAG-Flashfiles Information
Hello, are this file good for Thermo Top C ?
I have a Caravelle 2010 long version.
Climatic with no control over webasto

I managed to install and learn remote T91R . But when i press on button only makes one green light and nothing happens
Thank you all for the information that is available on this forum

20201003_144307.jpg

20201004_104612.jpg

Hello, are this file good for Thermo Top C ?
I have a Caravelle 2010 long version.
Climatic with no control over webasto
I'm afraid those won't work.

The following software versions are used as parking heater for Thermo Top C - can't confirm your "A" version.
MY14 Transporter (no remote - I think)
Address 18: Aux. Heat
Part No: 7E0 815 071 C
Component: J737__Standheizung 0605
Coding: 0020031
MY13 Amarok (remote, but not sure if from factory)
Address 18: Aux. Heat Labels: None
Part No: 7E0 815 071 B
Component: J737__Standheizung 0605
Coding: 0030031

I managed to install and learn remote T91R . But when i press on button only makes one green light and nothing happens
Please post VCDS scan of your Webasto (module 18). Did you change the coding for the remote? Coding before/after?

Thank you for your fast replay, I did try to code, but never with number 3 I will try today again.
I am worried that my model with A at the end may not work , this is why I am looking for a flash file with B or C.
I will start by trying to recode to

Actually in the linked Ross-Tech thread golfi_vend's post suggests that remote coding is done at xxx1xxx

00?xxxx: Auxiliary Functions
0 = Start-Stop not active/installed
2 = Start-Stop is active/installed
00x?xxx: Remote Control
0 = Remote Control/Telestart not installed
1 = Remote Control/Telestart is installed
00xx?xx: 2/3-Wegeventil
0 = Without 2/3 Valve and without climatronic/climatic
1 = With 2/3 Valve and without climatronic/climatic
2 = Without 2/3 Valve and with climatic/climatronic
3 = With 2/3 Valve and with climatic/climatronic
00xxx?x: HVAC Type:
0 = Just Heating
2 = A/C with Climatic type controls
3 = A/C with Climatronic type controls
00xxxx?: Auxiliary Water Heater
1 = No Auxiliary Water Heater Installed
2 = Auxiliary Water heater installed

Hi everyone,
Hope it's ok to revive this thread.

I'll be attempting this upgrade soon and happy to share my experiences. I'm currently waiting for the VAS5054A dongle with ODIS-S and @Robert has already given me lots of useful information. I'm about to order the Telestart kit. My van is a 2016 T6 Caravelle with Climatronic.

The last piece to the puzzle which I hope someone can answer me is: why are there apparently two different wiring looms coming from the receiver, one with 3 wires like this one
s-l500.jpg
and one with more like this one
s-l1600.jpg

And how do I know which one I need? Why are there two - has it anything to do with LIN-BUS and W-BUS?

I'd like to order the right kit first time if possible :)

Cheers

Stefan

PS: thanks @mmi @markob @carlg @wolny @oldiebut goodie and everyone else for contributing, it's been so useful!

Perhaps wiring diagram clarifies (pins A1, A2, A6 in use) --->

EDIT: Actually there is one complete diagram earlier in this thread--->

Top picture is plug with W-bus, positive and negative.
Other plug looks like it has every eventuality covered with W-bus, 12v, LIN-bus, positive and negative and you use whichever you need.

s-l500.jpg

Pins A1, A2, A6 are populated.
A1 (red) - 12V DC fused permanent supply
A2 (yellow) - LIN Bus
A6 (black) - GND

You have to be careful as yellow is the standard Webasto colour for W-bus on air heaters ( but sometimes green/white ) and some water heaters but non standard it can be green or any other colour that they have to hand! :)

You have to be careful as yellow is the standard Webasto colour for W-bus on air heaters ( but sometimes green/white ) and some water heaters but non standard it can be green or any other colour that they have to hand! :)
Agree, my loom had purple wire in A2 and it still worked like a charm :thumbsup: .
See below.

Reactions: mmi
Back