Webasto AirTop - remote?

Rob-Harrison1979

I have a Webasto Airtop 2000 STC diesel heater which just has a standard dial control which is basically on/off, my question is can I get something to make it remote so I can control it from my phone? Many thanks.

Yes, you can add the Webasto Thermocall Remote Timer, which takes a SIM card so you can communicate via your phone. It’s not cheap though...

Or if you only want to control it up to 1000m away Telestart 100 HTM. That is what I use. ( I don't use mobile phones)
contr.jpg

Ok that’s great, any idea on how easy it is to install and roughly the price? Many thanks
You can get them off E-bay below, from Germany...not sure if its the 'real deal' as seems quite cheap. Prob plus postage and duty...they are on Amazon too...Google is your friend. ;)

That is the "entry" level one - it is the "advanced" one that has all the bells and whistles. Costs more.

The problem that you have with adding either to your current set up is that it is possible that you don't have the loom connectors for W-Bus operation so you would have to rework the loom or buy a new one - all the later ones should have it though, I think that it was just a few that had the old ST loom instead of the new one. They are certainly present if you specify the Multicontrol instead of the rheostat. Look for a small connector like in the pic with a red. brown and yellow set of wires, it should be labelled Thermocall/Telestart/Diagnosis.
This is a Telestart that I have just rewired a ST loom for to show connectors ( different colours as 12v operation not W-Bus here), it is the same for a Thermocall.
To install - plug it in, tuck wires/hardware away.

IMG_1673 (Copy).JPG
IMG_1674 (Copy).JPG

You can get them off E-bay below, from Germany...not sure if its the 'real deal' as seems quite cheap. Prob plus postage and duty...they are on Amazon too...Google is your friend. ;)

Thanks for the reply, I’ll look into this

That is the "entry" level one - it is the "advanced" one that has all the bells and whistles. Costs more.

The problem that you have with adding either to your current set up is that it is possible that you don't have the loom connectors for W-Bus operation so you would have to rework the loom or buy a new one - all the later ones should have it though, I think that it was just a few that had the old ST loom instead of the new one. They are certainly present if you specify the Multicontrol instead of the rheostat. Look for a small connector like in the pic with a red. brown and yellow set of wires, it should be labelled Thermocall/Telestart/Diagnosis.
This is a Telestart that I have just rewired a ST loom for to show connectors ( different colours as 12v operation not W-Bus here), it is the same for a Thermocall.
To install - plug it in, tuck wires/hardware away.

View attachment 106478
View attachment 106479
Many thanks, I’ll look into this,

Back