Webasto airtop 2000stc cooling before re-cycling

That isn't how they are supposed to work! You are putting a far greater drain on your battery if it is switching off and restarting. Yours sound like they are acting as old style thermostats rather than heat modulation via the set point of the controller. Maybe it is because you are using boost setting so you are rapidly heating and are running considerably higher than the setpoint. Have you tried them without using the boost on them?
Eberspachers are a pain!

( PS - it isn't an external thermostat, it is an external temperature sensor namely an NTC thermistor )
It doesn't run 'boost' again after the very first switch on, it restarts at something like medium output. That's difficult to tell as the motor speed seems to be infinitely variable not in steps. I've never been certain if the glow pin is energised during re-start although I think it must be as the chamber can be totally cooled however I never notice as much voltage dip on the leisure battery as is seen on initial start-up. I must try to find the enthusiasm to monitor it sometime.
The way mine are working is exactly how the Eberspacher installations show, as linked above.

These heaters have come a long way since the BA4 types which were the first type that I worked on! BA-4 Heater — www.type4.org documentation

1705597908354.png

Back