Wanting to fit a Snorkel

Seikel are not making a snorkel for the RHD T6 as someone pointed out there is other pipe work in the way when you come through the panel. If anyone solves the problem or finds someone who makes and fits one let me know.
Hi
Had a recent quote from Trakka for a Seikel snorkel. They seemed to think it doable. Why not attach it as if a LHD or am I missing something g here?

It shouldn’t. I had a Safari snorkel on a Defender RHD on the right side and not a problem. By the way, Safari make a snorkel for the Amarok - with a few requests they may adapt it for the T6!

Last edited:
Callum that owns Rockin Vans took a snorkel kit off a T6 recently, it was all lifted and off road wheels etc but the new owner didn't want the snorkel kit. Not sure what he did with it.

Hi guys,
Just seeing if someone could help me with trying to install a snorkel to my right hand drive 2017 t6 multivan 4motion. I have a fabricator who can make me a custom inlet pipe but he can’t work out how to get into the air box without going through structural panels of the guard. I know Seikel do them for left hand drive t6 but not right hand drive. I did ask Seikel what’s the difference is as the engine and air box are the same of left or right hand drive. If anyone has one fitted can you post some photos of the air box connect would be much appreciated.
Hey mate. There are two options that I know of. I came across a mob called bravo in Spain who can supply a kit delivered to australia for $650. Here is the link. BRAVO SNORKEL VOLKSWAGEN T5 / T6 (2003 - )

There is a diagram here to show how they fit it too.

They seem to have great reviews and the Spaniards are mad transporter vans so maybe this is an option. 5 year warranty too.

Hope this helps.

Happy travels.

Hey mate. There are two options that I know of. I came across a mob called bravo in Spain who can supply a kit delivered to australia for $650. Here is the link. BRAVO SNORKEL VOLKSWAGEN T5 / T6 (2003 - )
There is a diagram here to show how they fit it too.

They seem to have great reviews and the Spaniards are mad transporter vans so maybe this is an option. 5 year warranty too.

Hope this helps.

Happy travels.
For Aussie T6 owners, try this for a Snorkel:

It's expensive! Note: Apparently this snorkel faces backwards.

Hi guys,
Just seeing if someone could help me with trying to install a snorkel to my right hand drive 2017 t6 multivan 4motion. I have a fabricator who can make me a custom inlet pipe but he can’t work out how to get into the air box without going through structural panels of the guard. I know Seikel do them for left hand drive t6 but not right hand drive. I did ask Seikel what’s the difference is as the engine and air box are the same of left or right hand drive. If anyone has one fitted can you post some photos of the air box connect would be much appreciated.
Hey guys. We just got delivery of a bravo snorkel we sourced from Spain direct. Apparently it’s been modified for the biturbo engine. Hope this helps.

Hey guys. We just got delivery of a bravo snorkel we sourced from Spain direct. Apparently it’s been modified for the biturbo engine. Hope this helps.
Hi, do you have any photos of it installed and a kit price ?

D2056F2F-3B77-444D-8752-1114A89DDF59.jpeg
I have the Bravo snorkel, happy to take more photos if people want to see the install.
I have now realised that if I go through water that is deep enough to need the snorkel, I would right off my camper conversion in the back!

I'd
View attachment 145808
I have the Bravo snorkel, happy to take more photos if people want to see the install.
I have now realised that if I go through water that is deep enough to need the snorkel, I would right off my camper conversion in the back!

I do like the look of that, and I sometimes have to ford a river, a job for John Deere! (The heron wasn't impressed!)

20210922_144932.jpg

I'd

I do like the look of that, and I sometimes have to ford a river, a job for John Deere! (The heron wasn't impressed!)

View attachment 145809
Love it. We only installed one snorkel as a back up in case we come series a crossing that is a little deeper than the 300mil recommended. For us, dust is more of an issue here in OZ. Also with crossings if it’s too deep we risk the van floating so again it’s only a safety precaution for some of the creeks and rivers we come across on our travels.

Love it. We only installed one snorkel as a back up in case we come series a crossing that is a little deeper than the 300mil recommended. For us, dust is more of an issue here in OZ. Also with crossings if it’s too deep we risk the van floating so again it’s only a safety precaution for some of the creeks and rivers we come across on our travels.

That was always my thoughts on these snorkels at roof level. Say the van cabin is 4m x 2m approximately, then the water will float a 3.2 tonne van when it is only 400mm up the doors. So if you want to go deeper, you’ll need to open the doors to sink it! Or maybe it’s so high just so you can drive really fast with an enormous bow wave up the screen?

Watch the Rufford ford vids on youtube. Bow wave over the bonnet kills lots of cars and a few transits!

Snorkel should prevent that happening.

View attachment 145808
I have now realised that if I go through water that is deep enough to need the snorkel, I would right off my camper conversion in the
That was always my thoughts on these snorkels at roof level. Say the van cabin is 4m x 2m approximately, then the water will float a 3.2 tonne van when it is only 400mm up the doors. So if you want to go deeper, you’ll need to open the doors to sink it! Or maybe it’s so high just so you can drive really fast with an enormous bow wave up the screen?
Here is a pic of our van with the snorkel fitted. We also have a YouTube channel here in Oz called 4motion adventures. We also run 4motion driver training courses to Help people learn more about the limits of their van and how to drive safely off road. And yes. A snorkel does not mean you can drive through a water crossing with water over your bonnet. Anyways. Happy travels and thanks for your feedback. Have a good one. Cheers. Alex.

FB2DA1D0-54AE-4074-9924-C59082FA41F4.jpeg

BFC2ADAA-0F4E-4DA2-B769-2861EB881DAA.jpeg

Here is a pic of our van with the snorkel fitted. We also have a YouTube channel here in Oz called 4motion adventures. We also run 4motion driver training courses to Help people learn more about the limits of their van and how to drive safely off road. And yes. A snorkel does not mean you can drive through a water crossing with water over your bonnet. Anyways. Happy travels and thanks for your feedback. Have a good one. Cheers. Alex.
Love your Youtube channel and what you've done to mount your Maxtrax!
Your videos were what convinced me to get a VW 4Motion over a Sprinter 4x4.

Love your Youtube channel and what you've done to mount your Maxtrax!
Your videos were what convinced me to get a VW 4Motion over a Sprinter 4x4.
I too bought my first ever VW and 4motion instead of the sprinter 4x4, not for anything else but the way my 2016 sprinter with 26000 miles on it was rusting from the inside out !

Back