Matt W

Afternoon all,

I am due to take delivery of a T6 Kombi soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend a company in the South Wales, South Gloucestershire, North Bristol area that does soundproofing, thermal lining and carpeting?

I would do it myself but just don't have the time.

Many thanks and really enjoying the forum.

Matt

Look no further than Ed at Celtic Motohomes, Bedwas just outside Cardiff.... did full conversion on my van. Check out his Facebook page

When I bought my van, it was already lined and carpeted, but I now want to put some insulation down as it get's mighty cold sometimes and I'm starting to get condensation build up. I want to know if anyone has done this before and how they went about doing it? I was planning on just removing the carpeted boarded sections and making a couple of slits in the free carpet behind and stuffing some ECO wool down until full. If anyone is around South Wales and is willing to meet up to bounce some ideas of, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim.

I would have thought that your panel work would be removable still, without affecting the carpeting..? If someone has simply carpeted over the whole lot, you may be able to carefully cut around the panel work to access sufficient space to pry or unscrew.

Once the panel is removed, you should have sufficient area to be able to work & start to insulate. Standard seems to be self adhesive anti vibration sheets on flat bodywork, over which is self adhesive foam rubber stuff with a foil backing. Search out the proper stuff rather than the cheap eBay far eastern copies.

I'm sure someone local to you will pop up soon, but search on here if you're stuck.

Good luck..!

Hi Tim.

I would have thought that your panel work would be removable still, without affecting the carpeting..? If someone has simply carpeted over the whole lot, you may be able to carefully cut around the panel work to access sufficient space to pry or unscrew.

Once the panel is removed, you should have sufficient area to be able to work & start to insulate. Standard seems to be self adhesive anti vibration sheets on flat bodywork, over which is self adhesive foam rubber stuff with a foil backing. Search out the proper stuff rather than the cheap eBay far eastern copies.

I'm sure someone local to you will pop up soon, but search on here if you're stuck.

Good luck..!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying. Yes I have removed the panels, but the previous owner has simply carpeted over the entire wall (leaving loose carpet over the open areas). I'm planning on just cutting and trimming this so that I can fold the excess around the metalwork, and then insulating down between the walls and then putting the boards back up. Was planning on using recycled plastic wool. That way I can tear bits up and push down to the hard to reach places if necessary. The previous owners have also carpeted the rear panel where the drivers side rear window would be so I was just planning on putting insulation over that and then making a new board to fit over the gap.

Does anyone know who could fit my 2+1 seats please? (In South Wales)

I’ve completed the rest of the work. Seat belts etc. I just don’t have the facilities to be able to drop the tank myself. Or I’d do it.

Or would you say I should just buy some ramps for the front wheels and do it?

I just need them fitted in the next 2 -3 weeks.

thanks

T1 Conversions in Bridgend did my conversion earlier this year and did a fantastic job including dropping the tank to fit the diesel heater and in my case removing the 2+1 seats. Mike Kennedy is the owner and is a great bloke. His number is 07788 975654. info@t1conversions.com

I'm.looking someone to install my Rib 112 cm bed I have the bracket for underneath the van .swb kombi tailgate van T6 2019 .can you recommend anyone .the van is empty and floored at the back .I also have the 2+1 seats and rubber flooring if you know anyone interested in buying them .I'm in Cardiff area

Hi,
I'm looking to get a pop top fitted to my T6 as soon as possible. I would like a HiLo surf and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a reputable fitter around the S.Wales area?
Cheers

Hi,
I'm looking to get a pop top fitted to my T6 as soon as possible. I would like a HiLo surf and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a reputable fitter around the S.Wales area?
Cheers
I have now knowledge about the elevating top you refer to. There are converters in South Wales, have you tried any of them? You appear to be in Wales, have you tried looking over the border? It will give you a much larger field to play with.

Hi, I’m new to vans and conversions but have learnt a lot from this forum. Can anyone recommend a camper converter in the S Wales area? We want to make sure we go to someone good and word of mouth is really important. We only want a partial conversion which has put a few people off but need help with putting in a pop roof, insulation and electrics (I know my limitations!). Any ideas gratefully received!

Volks Engineering in Cardiff do conversions I believe. I've used Chris for several years. He has carried out lots of mechanical work on my splitty.

Could be worth giving him a ring or email to see what he can offer.

New Wave Custom Conversions in Pontyclun are good but I’m unsure if they will do a partial conversion. Worth trying.

My advice on finding someone is to take your time, ask plenty of questions, look at their work (really important and any decent converter will happily show you), and critically only go with someone you are really happy with and who you feel comfortable with.

And definitely don’t be swayed by the fact that they can fit you in soon. Demand is huge at present and all the good converters will be booked up for months ahead. So I’d have real concerns about anyone who says that can fit you in soon.

So in short, don’t limit your search by geography alone.

Hi

Does anyone have recommendations of companies that can fit parts as well as sell? Ideally looking for one company and had been looking at van style as they do a free fitting service but unfortunately they won’t be offering that for a while

looking at having new headlights, coilovers and alloys done to a t6.

Ideally would be south west / Wales area but don’t mind travelling (when able)

cheers

R

Back