Vw Van Centre Bilston

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
lack of customer service. Difficult to get hold of. Damage to van upon collection and no liability of issue upon first complaint so I have had to take the matter up with VW Commercial UK! They also don't give you paperwork and don't stamp your log book for your service! If you want to be treated like you are an inconvenience, this is your place!
I will not be doing business with this dealership again!
VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SALES | GREENHOUS GROUP | SHROPSHIRE | WEST MIDLANDS

Soooooo, I had a terrible time with them, took me over a year to get my 204 DSG Kombi. The first order took forever as they did not have the parts to make the DSG boxes. When it eventually turned up, it was in the wrong colour. Having sold the car i had in glorious expectation of my shiny new T6, i found my myself without wheels for work. It took hounding the dealer principle to get a reaction, I did eventually get a free loan van for 5 Months while the replacement was built, but they didn't do that at all willingly! I put 13k miles on it for them!

lack of customer service. Difficult to get hold of. Damage to van upon collection and no liability of issue upon first complaint so I have had to take the matter up with VW Commercial UK! They also don't give you paperwork and don't stamp your log book for your service! If you want to be treated like you are an inconvenience, this is your place!
I will not be doing business with this dealership again!
VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SALES | GREENHOUS GROUP | SHROPSHIRE | WEST MIDLANDS

agree completely. boss ordered 3 vans from them, one mine. only mine turned up with the spec as ordered and bilston couldnt have cared less.

Trouble is....where else do we go?
Mine's booked in for a new seat base in 2 weeks under warranty so have very little choice unfortunately.
Base this on the fact most the dealers are the same.

Bilston is where I got my van serviced last week that resulted in this:

Loads Of Warning Errors Following Routine Service (by Vw)

To be clear - it's not clear what caused this issue, which appears to have righted itself, but my money is on the jet washing they gave the van after the service.

From my perspective:

Easy to deal with - gave me a slot and did the service in the time they said they would, while I waited.
The technician that investigated the issue was good, and put the van back up on the lift to sort it.
They did initially suggest that I could drive the van home with the ABS light on, but we agreed that was not the best idea.
They fixed all but the rear parking sensors issue, but I don't think they knew what the cause was.
They immediately said that the sensors would be fixed under warranty at a later date, and offered me a replacement vehicle while that was being done.

So if the measure of an organisation's customer service is how they react to issues, then I can't fault them, but others experiences obviously differ.

The alternative for those of us in the West Midlands is Birmingham VW, where I bought the van.

Pete

To be clear - it's not clear what caused this issue, which appears to have righted itself, but my money is on the jet washing they gave the van after the service.

From my perspective:

Easy to deal with - gave me a slot and did the service in the time they said they would, while I waited.
The technician that investigated the issue was good, and put the van back up on the lift to sort it.
They did initially suggest that I could drive the van home with the ABS light on, but we agreed that was not the best idea.
They fixed all but the rear parking sensors issue, but I don't think they knew what the cause was.
They immediately said that the sensors would be fixed under warranty at a later date, and offered me a replacement vehicle while that was being done.

So if the measure of an organisation's customer service is how they react to issues, then I can't fault them, but others experiences obviously differ.

The alternative for those of us in the West Midlands is Birmingham VW, where I bought the van.

Pete
Fair comment Pete....speak as you find.

From my perspective:

Pete
Glad you had a more positive experience than me. Hope they are the same after the warranty issue is sorted for you. I will be going to Midland VW
Midland VW
For non warranty and all my service needs going forward, even though the next service is free through VW, I would rather pay than go back to Greenhous

Add Imperial Commercials, Nottingham to the give them a miss list. Ended up stranded at the roadside after their handy work, and the guy in charge of service, well, what a fool.
The idiot lied to me on four occasions when he managed to lose my service book.

Agree guys,vw bilston not the best.
Took mine in for service and to replace sliding door lock under warranty,turned up to pick van up and forgot to do the lock,so told the service bloke to crack on, I'm going nowhere till it's done,3/4 hour later and a reduction on service bill,job done.
Also ordered wrong bulkhead for my conversion,guys who were doing conversion were not impressed,as my van was stood there for another day.
Saying all that I'll still probably use again because hate driving to brum.
Might even try here next,
Listers Volkswagen Van Centre Worcestershire - VW Van Sales & Servicing.

Glad you had a more positive experience than me. Hope they are the same after the warranty issue is sorted for you. I will be going to Midland VW
Midland VW
For non warranty and all my service needs going forward, even though the next service is free through VW, I would rather pay than go back to Greenhous

Yes, have heard great things about Midland VW. My Audi will be going to them too.

Pete

I have used Midland VW for years and they are awesome. I will not be doing business with Greenhaus again. I also found out that the sales rep who dealt with my sale and gave me a rubbish price for my 12 month old GTi as part ex, apparently brought the car for himself! I was told this by one of the managers! Not happy as feel I was diddled out of money for his gain if that is the case, but I don't know how true that is as haven't seen the car parked there.

Sat at Bilston as we speak.
Was told to bring the van in at 7.30 this morning to fit a new seat base. "Its a big job so they'll need it all day" I was told. Due to being a 2hr round trip I said "are you sure, its just a seat base, i could wait"....They were sure.
Just pulled up as it's not worth driving back to Shropshire and guess what...the van is still where I parked it.
No seat base fitted.
Stormed in and let rip. Their response is "we promised it will be done by 4pm and I'm early as it's only 2pm" I think they are missing the point.
Give them a wide berth.

When looking for a new van we called for a video of a nearly new van. The salesman sent a video of him describing the van, not the van. Brilliant we couldn't stop laughing when I called and emailed asking about the van they just ignored us.

Just take your money elsewhere, we did.

Oh dear. This place is just a few mile from me and was planning on using them to service my van next year. Not so sure now.

Mmmm, I’ve got mine booked in here for them to check my heater, should I shouldn’t I?? I’ve used Birmingham Vw but Bilston much closer to me, midland Vw 5 minutes down the road, Jody and all the guys that work there are excellent, use them for non warranty work and for my Rs4 .

What a pity Greenhous Group have lost their Van Centre franchise in Shrewsbury, they may not have been perfect but at least I could do business with them successfully.

It's many years since I had dealings with Bilston and even then they were useless except for the then senior technician but he left long ago.

I think that they have lost the Bilston franchise too! They are not there anymore by the looks. Anyone know?

Brings back happy memories of when the dealer i got my first T5 from, Nottingham Van Centre, lost their franchise. Payback time for all the misery that they caused me and others. My turn to visualise them in a queue at the job centre, not that they were to be let near a motor vehicle again, hopefully.

Back