VW Sat Nav Map Postcode

Here's a few pics using Diesel9a1's postcode, the last pic is of the SD card box i was sent, and also my old V5 SD card

IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2057.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2061.JPG

The version screen is via Nav / Settings / Version Info
No i meant the postcode entry screen looks totally different, are you sure you are on the right screen ? mine looks more like that when entering a city or road

Maybe your not pressing PTCD (bottom right corner) to enter the postcode as you can not do it on that screen ? :confused:

Agree with the posts above, that's not the Postcode screen your using, look at my first picture and you'll see the Ptcd button, you need to press this to enter a postcode :thumbsup:

I have just been testing mine to see how mine looks in comparison. I have V3 maps.

On mine I can't get it to replicate anything like what @Diesel9a1 is showing in his pictures. If I go into the "country" tab, as soon as I type in D, it pings straight up with the option for Denmark or Deutschland. So can't see how he could be using that screen.
So I went into the "city" tab. Again as soon as you type DN, you can go no further, I.e. Can't put in the rest as he has shown with the pictures; it flicks to another screen identifying Doncaster.
However, go back to the city tab, and bottom left is the ptcd button, press that and I can put in the full postcode and the mapping finds it.
So, accepting that my mapping version is probably the most out of date being V3, but based upon what I can and can't input, I can't see how on earth he has got to a screen where he has been able to put in the full postcode, without being in the right place - simply because my old version cuts out before being able to put in more than DN.
All I can say is good luck in trying to fix the puzzle @Diesel9a1, because I can't replicate what you have pictured.

I've also just popped out to mine, i see my case is Europa v5 for starters!

Anyway, at the top in the "search bar" with example text saying "enter address/poi", this is where i was trying to search for the postcode. Mistake?

To the right of this text box is a button and if you press this there are three options, search, address, map.

If i don't "search" and select address instead, then i am prompted with country and city text boxes. Press city, then i am promoted to enter city and the ptcd button appears on that keyboard in the bottom left corner.... this works.

Thanks for your help to decipher the crazy system. TOMTOM it is not!

Anyway, call to the van centre tomorrow askjng for v6 instead of v5!!!

As an extra....
1. Can the voice be changed?
2. Why isn't there a quick access nav mute button?
3. Car-net won't enable even though I've registered, enabled hotspot on phone, connected radion to hotspot, entered activation code and "error or failed" type message appears.

I've also just popped out to mine, i see my case is Europa v5 for starters!

Anyway, at the top in the "search bar" with example text saying "enter address/poi", this is where i was trying to search for the postcode. Mistake?

To the right of this text box is a button and if you press this there are three options, search, address, map.

If i don't "search" and select address instead, then i am prompted with country and city text boxes. Press city, then i am promoted to enter city and the ptcd button appears on that keyboard in the bottom left corner.... this works.

Thanks for your help to decipher the crazy system. TOMTOM it is not!

Anyway, call to the van centre tomorrow askjng for v6 instead of v5!!!

As an extra....
1. Can the voice be changed?
2. Why isn't there a quick access nav mute button?
3. Car-net won't enable even though I've registered, enabled hotspot on phone, connected radion to hotspot, entered activation code and "error or failed" type message appears.
I tried and tried using hot spots with 3 different iPhone models, then bought a VW Car Stick and a data sim card; it was all working within about 5 seconds of plugging the carstick in. Have had it for about 6 months now, and only used about £7.50 worth of data, and we use it very regularly.
I'm not sure if anybody has got Car-Net working of the back of their phone yet, but `i could be wrong.

Is there any differences in the map grafics on the v6 or is it just updated roads etc. ?

Is there any differences in the map grafics on the v6 or is it just updated roads etc. ?

I don't remember there being any difference other than the postcode input, and obviously the newer map, don't think i'd pay £60 for it, but the map update downloads you can get would be worthwhile just keep the map up to date.

Hi, does anyone know how to activate full postcode search in the discover Nav head unit. It worked in my old van but the new (to me) one only takes 4 digits. Any help appreciated

Have you tried a few post codes? I'm thinking that either an old software version or an incorrect post code would run out of options as you type it in.

Never had an issue on mine, that doesn't look like the screen where I'd put the adress in though.

Back