VW Sat Nav Map Postcode

Markey

T6 Pro
Does this system support postcodes then ?

Bit of a pain inputing City, Street Name, No, etc all the time :mad:

Yes you can enter postcodes. Go into city then bottom left corner postcode entry, you can then put in postcode in by flipping between the letters and numbers screen.

Well it doesn't seem to do full post codes. Or am I missing something?
I entered UB3 1EH but it said nothing found. I entered UB31EH, nothing found.
UB3 1 it found the road.....

The thing is UB3 1.. is only one postcode, there are many UB3 1..'s

What's the score with it? Is there a software upgrade?

Mine only lets me select an actual postcode ie only valid letters/numbers are highlighted when entering so if the postcode doesnt exist the respective letters/numbers are greyed out and not selectable

On the earlier Pro Nav's, when entering the full postcode you have to put a space between the 4th and 5th digit. On the later ones you can just enter it all in one go.

HTH

The full postcode shows up on google. Is it model specific?
I've tried both with and without a space

If it helps anyone, mine come with the Ver5 map sd card, (which was superseded by Ver6) so they sent me an Ver6 sd card which i now have (newer maps)
The Ver5 had to have a space in the postcode, the Ver6 doesn't, other than that there seems to be little difference other than the maps themselves.

I have never had a problem with mine. It takes full postcodes, which I always put in with a space, haven't tried it without the space, so don't know what it would do. Will have to give it a test. Job for tomorrow.

Mine wont continue until the space is entered (all digits greyed out)

Did you ask for the new version 6 sd card @480bhp or was it just sent to you ?

I picked up my van on the 30th of November and within in a week i queried the accuracy of the map (it was missing some roads!) the dealer checked and confirmed that there was a Version 6 SD card available. So they agreed too supply it me FOC considering i'd only just bought the van, i think the internal invoice said around £60 on it for the updated card.

Mine wont continue until the space is entered (all digits greyed out)

Mine was the same with the version 5 sd card, but with the version 6 you can't put a space in! just think of the time i'm saving/your wasting :whistle:

Maps are updated via a download so wonder if it's the same as your new sd card
It's a 13gb download so I didn't bother initially but think I may try it out

Attached are 5 photos of my head unit. Tried to enter DN2 5SD (The Grove, Doncaster). It would / could not find the address by entering the post code.

WHY THE FLIP NOT? Grrrrrr!

IMG_20170306_161940.jpg IMG_20170306_161916.jpg IMG_20170306_161902.jpg IMG_20170306_161845.jpg IMG_20170306_161201.jpg

That screen looks totally different to mine !
I checked mine yesterday while i was at @StudleyGlass house and i have V4 maps and he has V5 so quite a difference between them it would seem

I have that v5 installed in as @Pauly says to enter postcode press city then postcode bottom left corner the enter postcode by flipping between numbers and letters screen as in photos shown in order of input.....

20170306_192009.jpg 20170306_193519.jpg 20170306_191925.jpg 20170306_191945.jpg

I have that v5 installed in as @Pauly says to enter postcode press city then postcode bottom left corner the enter postcode by flipping between numbers and letters screen as in photos shown in order of input.....

That looks identical to my V4

Back