VW Sat Nav GPS coordinates

Jimearl6

I’ve been going round in circles and need help.

The short question: Can I input a GPS coordinate into the Sat Nav of my VW T6 (2019) Discover Media infotainment system? And if so how? (I haven’t updated it since I put it in)

The longer explanation: I’m off to France in the summer and have read that postcodes, addresses etc cover a wide area and may not always be accurate.

Google maps, Search For Sites, All the Aires and others all have handy GPS coordinates of the locations which take you straight there without the need for an address, postcode etc.

I read the following on a (Ah hem!) rival forum:

“We have the Discover Media Satnav and have definitely found it easiest to enter coordinates from apps such as Park4night. I’ve recently discovered that you can virtually search for anywhere with the term “coordinates” and you get a result”

Great I thought, no more hassle, just input the GPS coordinate into my van Sat Nav and it will take me straight there. The trouble is I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how I do this and even if it is possible. All it seems to accept is an an address, postcode or POI.

Could somebody please help.

That’s great mmi, frustratingly I have just tried to get to that page, did it once by fluke and now can’t get back there. Could you give me a bit of an idiots guide to that point? Much appreciated

Just be aware that GPS lat/lon positions can be given in a variety of formats, deg,min,sec /decimal degrees/decimal minutes etc. it can get confusing for anyone not familiar with navigation. There are apps available that will convert from one format to another.

Back