VW Extended Warranty

VW Extended Warranty Mar 2021

No permission to download
Evening all. I had an EGR fail on my T6 (2018 - 38000 miles). It cost me £1200 but was informed that the VW extended warranty does not cover the costs for a blockage. Has anyone been successful in making a claim on the VW Extended Warranty if so, how? Help is very much appreciated.
I was successful in the end. The warranty works well for me. Not so much the VW dealership who hadnt contacted them when assured they would. All sorted.

I have taken out All-in warranty on my 66 plate van just over a year ago. I booked the van in with VW to inspect the bottom roller on sliding door that has collapsed. Warranty claim was rejected saying that the sliding door roller is part of the bodywork which is not covered. I have appealed and it is being reviewed as I write this. To be fair to the VW dealer, when they did a healthcheck on my camper, they spotted that the front engine mount has perished and that has been approved for repair under warranty.

They asked me if I wanted to get the door roller done anyway with a fitted price of £329!......I'll wait to see how my appeal goes and if not successful I will probably fix it myself with one from just kampers for around £30. I will keep you posted. The van will be with the dealer for the third day tomorrow.

The All-in works well for me as you get 2 services, 2 MOTs, breakdown cover & warranty for £34.97 per month.

I have taken out All-in warranty on my 66 plate van just over a year ago. I booked the van in with VW to inspect the bottom roller on sliding door that has collapsed. Warranty claim was rejected saying that the sliding door roller is part of the bodywork which is not covered. I have appealed and it is being reviewed as I write this. To be fair to the VW dealer, when they did a healthcheck on my camper, they spotted that the front engine mount has perished and that has been approved for repair under warranty.

They asked me if I wanted to get the door roller done anyway with a fitted price of £329!......I'll wait to see how my appeal goes and if not successful I will probably fix it myself with one from just kampers for around £30. I will keep you posted. The van will be with the dealer for the third day tomorrow.

The All-in works well for me as you get 2 services, 2 MOTs, breakdown cover & warranty for £34.97 per month.
It is so worth it. £34.97 is what i also pay. Hope the door roller thing is fixed but if it is a component failure then it should be covered. For example under this the door lock may not be covered but mine was. If it is classed as wear & tear on a replaceable item i.e brake pads item then no it won't.

It is so worth it. £34.97 is what i also pay. Hope the door roller thing is fixed but if it is a component failure then it should be covered. For example under this the door lock may not be covered but mine was. If it is classed as wear & tear on a replaceable item i.e brake pads item then no it won't.
They covered the replacement of a ball joint (with excessive play) on mine which I thought wouldn’t be covered but it went through no problem. Not sure if they know there’s something wrong with the part but as this has been buggered about with at least twice to fit the non standard suspension I was pleasantly surprised when it went through!

Just had van in at Motus commercials (VW) for major service, I asked them to check the van for a rattle (suspected DMF) and also 2 fault codes I'm getting in carista. Phonecall to say this fault investigation would be £110, I tried to probe this and ask if it was not included in the major service. I'm going to push for the fix under the all in warranty. Is this the case that if you want anything done under the VW all in warranty - you need to pay an investigation fee ?

Just had van in at Motus commercials (VW) for major service, I asked them to check the van for a rattle (suspected DMF) and also 2 fault codes I'm getting in carista. Phonecall to say this fault investigation would be £110, I tried to probe this and ask if it was not included in the major service. I'm going to push for the fix under the all in warranty. Is this the case that if you want anything done under the VW all in warranty - you need to pay an investigation fee ?
If it’s in the T&Cs that you signed then there’s no way around it.

If it’s in the T&Cs that you signed then there’s no way around it.
I'm not questioning the T&Cs of the all in just more the inclusion of the checks under the major service. I phoned another VW dealer and apparently the investigation fee is refundable if the work is deemed to be under warranty!

They will tell you they will charge the fee but my dealer, if they find a warranty issue, will not charge.

They will tell you they will charge the fee but my dealer, if they find a warranty issue, will not charge.
I think I've questioned this guy so much on the phone I'll be getting charged! I also asked them to check dpf regen frequency (ie check it has latest software) and he waffled on about that would be investigation as well. The old "major service " seems to be cut down to oil and filters at this rate.

I think I've questioned this guy so much on the phone I'll be getting charged! I also asked them to check dpf regen frequency (ie check it has latest software) and he waffled on about that would be investigation as well. The old "major service " seems to be cut down to oil and filters at this rate.
Someone on this thread suggested that my SW was out of date and the upgrade should have been done. I questioned any charge, they looked at it and agreed it should have been updated back in 2018. If you can post your version on here the local T6 sage’s will soon put you right.

Someone on this thread suggested that my SW was out of date and the upgrade should have been done. I questioned any charge, they looked at it and agreed it should have been updated back in 2018. If you can post your version on here the local T6 sage’s will soon put you right.
Ah really! Can I pull software version from carista ? Van was new in 2018 but the only reason I think it needs updating is that it's doing an active regen at 24g instead of I think the supposed 30g?

Ah really! Can I pull software version from carista ? Van was new in 2018 but the only reason I think it needs updating is that it's doing an active regen at 24g instead of I think the supposed 30g?
TBH honest I’m not an expert on this. But in your infotainment menu select setup and system info. That should give you the version in your van. As for the latest version I am clueless.

Maybe @Loz or @mmi can help.

Thanks Mick!
TBH honest I’m not an expert on this. But in your infotainment menu select setup and system info. That should give you the version in your van. As for the latest version I am clueless.

Maybe @Loz or @mmi can help.

Little update although maybe not the thread for it. Van returned, no issues apparently, 110 plus vat please. I jump in, same mileage as when it was dropped off, let's just say it's now with VW. Oil not at top of dipstick and major service apparently carried out.

That's the only drawback and the reason that I haven't bothered with this All-In thing, you have to take your van to a Main Dealer.

That's the only drawback and the reason that I haven't bothered with this All-In thing, you have to take your van to a Main Dealer.
That’s not the case. Whoever you take it to has to get the insurance company to agree to the work.

tempImageSVrYmY.png

Newby question:
If I am buying a T6.1 from a non-VW dealer, and it is 1 year and 10 months old.
  • How do I get the extended warranty?
  • Can I get the extended warranty?

I phoned my local VW dealer, and they said they cannot help.

Back