VW Extended Warranty

VW Extended Warranty Mar 2021

No permission to download
I’d contact VW financial services direct. That’s just a dealer being a nob.

Plus it should still be under warranty.

Newby question:
If I am buying a T6.1 from a non-VW dealer, and it is 1 year and 10 months old.
  • How do I get the extended warranty?
  • Can I get the extended warranty?

I phoned my local VW dealer, and they said they cannot help.
Presumably it’s still under the 3 year factory warranty which should be transferred to you. You can’t have an extended warranty on a vehicle that already has a warranty on it. The extended warranty is only available on vehicles over 3 years old & that are out of warranty.

• How do I get the extended warranty? Via a VW dealership or I think you can do it on line these days as well.
  • Can I get the extended warranty? Yes
  • I phoned my local VW dealer, and they said they cannot help. They're talking bollox and obvs don't want your custom - try another one or go o online and check.
A lot of us on here have gone for the VW All In Planned that's what I'm talking about in my answers above. - Google for details. You can only get it once the original has expired though.

As above, you cannot purchase extended warranty/all in warranty until the factory 3 year is up (may be able to do it in last 30 days ?)

The Warranty Ts&Cs say

Warranty exclusions
This Warranty does not cover any injury, failure, loss or damage caused by, arising from or in connection with the following

.8. Vehicles modified in any way from the original manufacturer’s specification.

Does this mean if the modification is not connected to the failure the warranty should still apply e.g having a reversing camera fitted should not prevent a claim on a mechanical element failure.

If a warranty is totally void on modified vehicles I guess it would be of no use to most of us on this forum.

Reactions: CAB
Does this mean if the modification is not connected to the failure the warranty should still apply e.g having a reversing camera fitted should not prevent a claim on a mechanical element failure.

That was how it was explained to me by the guy at VW - if you don’t mess with the drivetrain, cutting holes in the van wouldn’t prevent a successful claim for a genuinely defective gearbox.

Hi, I went with VW own extended warrenty. Sadly had to use it twice but they are very good with no complaints.

I have taken out All-in warranty on my 66 plate van just over a year ago. I booked the van in with VW to inspect the bottom roller on sliding door that has collapsed. Warranty claim was rejected saying that the sliding door roller is part of the bodywork which is not covered. I have appealed and it is being reviewed as I write this. To be fair to the VW dealer, when they did a healthcheck on my camper, they spotted that the front engine mount has perished and that has been approved for repair under warranty.

They asked me if I wanted to get the door roller done anyway with a fitted price of £329!......I'll wait to see how my appeal goes and if not successful I will probably fix it myself with one from just kampers for around £30. I will keep you posted. The van will be with the dealer for the third day tomorrow.

The All-in works well for me as you get 2 services, 2 MOTs, breakdown cover & warranty for £34.97 per month.
@Patch how did the Just Kampers bottom roller go? I’ve just bought one, I can’t say I’m impressed with the rollers or bearings, both poor quality.
I may as well have gone for a £12 Ebay job.
I think it will be going straight back to Just Kampers

@Patch how did the Just Kampers bottom roller go? I’ve just bought one, I can’t say I’m impressed with the rollers or bearings, both poor quality.
I may as well have gone for a £12 Ebay job.
I think it will be going straight back to Just Kampers
Hi DXX,
They were out of stock when I went to buy from just kampers. I bought one from AUTODOC in the end (see attached pic with details). I paid £39 when I got mine so £22 at the moment. I have had the roller on for nearly 6 months and all good so far.

IMG_4601.png

Back