VW Extended Warranty

VW Extended Warranty Mar 2021

No permission to download
Does anyone know of any all in deals at the moment? Mine is 3 years old in a week or so and want to go straight for all in with no break in warranty but I’d prefer to be doing that with 25% off deal that seems to be running all the time except for when I want it!

Does anyone know of any all in deals at the moment? Mine is 3 years old in a week or so and want to go straight for all in with no break in warranty but I’d prefer to be doing that with 25% off deal that seems to be running all the time except for when I want it!
I feel your pain! There was no discount when I signed up either!!!

A couple of things and, for clarity, I work in the service department of a VW dealer............

1/ It is true that in the case of an extended warranty claim (to reiterate, this also applies to All In) the dealer does not have the ultimate say as to what is/isn't covered, so if a claim has been rejected and you have problem with that, ask the dealer for a reason for rejection and take up the issue with VW customer care.

2/ I checked today and nowhere could I find oil leaks as a specific reason for rejection under the T&Cs of the extended warranty - there may be a get out on the basis of reasonable wear and tear, depending on the age, mileage, service history and the nature of leak on the particular vehicle involved in the claim, but oil leaks can and have been rectified under extended warranty, I've seen it happen many times in my dealership, including the popular crankshaft front main seal/sump seal leak.
Always good to get an informed view from the inside :thumbsup:

A couple of things and, for clarity, I work in the service department of a VW dealer............

1/ It is true that in the case of an extended warranty claim (to reiterate, this also applies to All In) the dealer does not have the ultimate say as to what is/isn't covered, so if a claim has been rejected and you have problem with that, ask the dealer for a reason for rejection and take up the issue with VW customer care.

2/ I checked today and nowhere could I find oil leaks as a specific reason for rejection under the T&Cs of the extended warranty - there may be a get out on the basis of reasonable wear and tear, depending on the age, mileage, service history and the nature of leak on the particular vehicle involved in the claim, but oil leaks can and have been rectified under extended warranty, I've seen it happen many times in my dealership, including the popular crankshaft front main seal/sump seal leak.
My dealer has 2 separate oil leaks rectified under extended warranty.

Reactions: CAB
Hi all I’ve got the all in package including warranty and the dealer is saying I’ve got 2 oil leaks that need investigation but whatever is causing them won’t be covered… thoughts? ‘67 plate with 75k miles.

As I said earlier, the dealer does not have the ultimate say as to what is covered by extended warranty, only VW can make that decision, so you need to know why they won't apply to VW to cover the leaks and, if they apply and VW reject the claim, ask for a reason why.

Thanks Interceptor, probably worth paying for the investigation work then and seeing where I stand. Worst case I can then go to an independent

One o/s lower and one higher up. Lower one is more noticeable. Neither too bad… yet

I booked my all in one eligibility check yesterday and she got me in for the 29th July as she said the 25% offer finishes at the end of the month.

In Southampton.

Lucky you! Just checked VW website and you are right seems the offer is back on and I bought it during the short period of the year it wasn’t! That very aptly demonstrates my financial acumen! :mad:

Lucky you! Just checked VW website and you are right seems the offer is back on and I bought it during the short period of the year it wasn’t! That very aptly demonstrates my financial acumen! :mad:
Same.

Bugger!

I’ve just pinged a mail to vw to see if they can (or will) do anything. I’m not holding my breath!

I did check (and double check) for this offer before committing and knew it would come back sometime but the fact that I took out the plan on the 28 jun and as the current offer expires at the end of July I assume it started on the 1st is quite difficult to take! Plus I tried to get this setup before when the last offer was on but was told I needed to wait.

• Sad
I’ve just pinged a mail to vw to see if they can (or will) do anything. I’m not holding my breath!
I tried that when I took out All In with 10% off and a few days later it went to 25% off. They said no.

• Sad
My van turns 3 on 30/7. got it booked in for its eligibility check on the 28th. Hope I can get it sorted by the 31st. My luck will be I won't.

Back