VW Extended Warranty

VW Extended Warranty Mar 2021

No permission to download
Evening all. I had an EGR fail on my T6 (2018 - 38000 miles). It cost me £1200 but was informed that the VW extended warranty does not cover the costs for a blockage. Has anyone been successful in making a claim on the VW Extended Warranty if so, how? Help is very much appreciated.

evening all. Very late on the update. Fair play to VW Extended Warranty. They paid up with no fuss. The stumbling block was that the VW garage in question (not naming them), according to VW Extended Warranty, did not contact them to ask if they would pay out. It turns out they could. They refunded us in the end. I will continue with the extended warranty for a while longer.

I am having some work done on my 2 year extended warranty. The warranty cost originally £800 and the parts alone have been £648 for 2 issues I've had plus the labour before this current problem I have.

The lady who is in the service department is quite pro active and she has told me there is an £800 special deal on for another 2 years with roadside assistance, 2 MOTs AND 2 service thrown in. Now that has to be a good bargain.

What you having done @Mick

What work and parts?
On my trip to Austria I had issues on my Carista with:

1. AD blue errors showing incorrect mileage. it took 150 miles after i filled it up to go from 600 miles to 6500 now back then back to 500 now back 5000
2. Engine light on caused by NOx issues
3. ACC Failing a number of times: interestingly didn't initially show on the Carista. May need to be re synced or parts replaced. Another known issue

Both 1 & 2 could be software update issues.

Plus my heater fan has stopped working on level; 1-3 but 4 is fine. Well known issue with the resistor..

I am having some work done on my 2 year extended warranty. The warranty cost originally £800 and the parts alone have been £648 for 2 issues I've had plus the labour before this current problem I have.

The lady who is in the service department is quite pro active and she has told me there is an £800 special deal on for another 2 years with roadside assistance, 2 MOTs AND 2 service thrown in. Now that has to be a good bargain.
That sounds good. My warrenty is due for renewal in June but will look at this deal.

Warning…
I’m on the VW all in extended warranty scheme and after a recent garage visit they have red lighted the pas as leaking. According to them it’s not covered due to an exemption for oil leaks. The want £734.89 to replace it. Beginning to think the all in warranty is poor value. ( just had cam belt and water pump done £889)

• Wow
Reactions: JOG
Warning…
I’m on the VW all in extended warranty scheme and after a recent garage visit they have red lighted the pas as leaking. According to them it’s not covered due to an exemption for oil leaks. The want £734.89 to replace it. Beginning to think the all in warranty is poor value. ( just had cam belt and water pump done £889)
I’d be challenging that! They recently did my sump seal and PAS for leaking.

I’d be challenging that! They recently did my sump seal and PAS for leaking.
I’m trying to challenge it but the number I’ve been given drops me every time I try it ( over 20 times now).
no I’ve got is 03330433784

I’m with the car care plan with Listers but I think it’s a global warranty. 01789 403800 try that

I’m with the car care plan with Listers but I think it’s a global warranty. 01789 403800 try that
I cheated the system in the end went through new business and they put me through. Said they will review it and get back to me.

Reactions: JOG
Warning…
I suspect somebody is misinterpreting the small print - if you look on the service plan website, under 'what's not covered' it does list a number of standard items which wouldn't be covered under anybody's service plan scheme, including oil leaks.

As well as a service and MOT plan, All In is also an extension of the factory warranty, so failure of a PAS system (including leaks) would normally be covered, unless it was deemed accidental damage, or was reported as pre-existing at the time of the All In multi point check, in which case you should have been informed at that time and given the opportunity to rectify it, prior to taking out the plan.

It should be noted that there is a significant difference between normal factory warranty and extended (which is what is included with All In) insofar as an extended warranty claim involves getting approval from VW, before the work is carried out - if your dealer has gone down this route and had the claim rejected, they should be able to tell you why.

Warning…
Good news! They have reviewed the claim and overturned their original decision. under the ” what is not covered” section it says oil leaks, the pas system uses fluid not oil therefore is covered. The main dealer wasn’t much help tbh, just saying it’s not our decision. Anyway faith returned, just don’t get an oil leak.

Good news! They have reviewed the claim and overturned their original decision. under the ” what is not covered” section it says oil leaks, the pas system uses fluid not oil therefore is covered. The main dealer wasn’t much help tbh, just saying it’s not our decision. Anyway faith returned, just don’t get an oil leak.
So glad this got sorted for you.

A couple of things and, for clarity, I work in the service department of a VW dealer............

1/ It is true that in the case of an extended warranty claim (to reiterate, this also applies to All In) the dealer does not have the ultimate say as to what is/isn't covered, so if a claim has been rejected and you have problem with that, ask the dealer for a reason for rejection and take up the issue with VW customer care.

2/ I checked today and nowhere could I find oil leaks as a specific reason for rejection under the T&Cs of the extended warranty - there may be a get out on the basis of reasonable wear and tear, depending on the age, mileage, service history and the nature of leak on the particular vehicle involved in the claim, but oil leaks can and have been rectified under extended warranty, I've seen it happen many times in my dealership, including the popular crankshaft front main seal/sump seal leak.

Back