VW Extended Warranty

VW Extended Warranty Mar 2021

No permission to download
I think they run the 25% off in november for black friday as i had the 2 year service plan with 25% off in year 3 now comming up to year 5 on 17 oct been told the check last 30 days so booked in middle this month and will cross my fingers for a november discount!

Reactions: CAB
I just phoned VW lookers in Glasgow to check my appointment for an all in eligibility check, to be told they got an email last week (which she couldn't find) saying the eligibility check was no longer needed. Coincidentally, I had tried to book an eligibility check online and the booking system wouldn't work - hence the phone call. Anyone heard anything similar ?! This seems very strange.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I am about to take out an all in plan (has anyone received the 25% discount or a discount recently?)

I had my eligibility check done last Friday - VW say you have to take out the policy within 7 days of having the eligibility test - however I am hoping that VW do the 25% discount again in the next couple of weeks - so I am going to try to hold off. Has anyone seen or been offered a discount very recently?

I just phoned VW lookers in Glasgow to check my appointment for an all in eligibility check, to be told they got an email last week (which she couldn't find) saying the eligibility check was no longer needed. Coincidentally, I had tried to book an eligibility check online and the booking system wouldn't work - hence the phone call. Anyone heard anything similar ?! This seems very strange.
to follow up on this - via this link you appear to be able to purchase an all in plan (£34.97 a month), has this always been the case ? I can't see a mention of an eligibility check here - maybe things have changed?! I can just imagine the chaos when trying to claim on the warranty having not had the prior eligibility check - surely this will just add weight to VW rejecting claims.

to follow up on this - via this link you appear to be able to purchase an all in plan (£34.97 a month), has this always been the case ? I can't see a mention of an eligibility check here - maybe things have changed?! I can just imagine the chaos when trying to claim on the warranty having not had the prior eligibility check - surely this will just add weight to VW rejecting claims.

Sorry to butt in, but that link is to the VW Financial Services website - does that mean you can only get a service plan if you take out a finance package? As a cash buyer, I asked my dealer about service plans and they said "nothing available". I thought that rather implausible, but perhaps not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry to butt in, but that link is to the VW Financial Services website - does that mean you can only get a service plan if you take out a finance package? As a cash buyer, I asked my dealer about service plans and they said "nothing available". I thought that rather implausible, but perhaps not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The extended warranty is administered by VW financial services. You don’t have to take out any credit, they just act as the banker. Beware though, if you pay on credit card, the payment will appear on your credit card as VWFS, & your card company might try and charge you a cash advance fee. Tesco did that to me until I kicked off & they refunded it.

My All-in-one monthly confirmation of payment is (I'm pretty sure) from VW Financial Services, same as Service Package I had before.

I am about to take out an all in plan (has anyone received the 25% discount or a discount recently?)

I had my eligibility check done last Friday - VW say you have to take out the policy within 7 days of having the eligibility test - however I am hoping that VW do the 25% discount again in the next couple of weeks - so I am going to try to hold off. Has anyone seen or been offered a discount very recently?
Black Friday usually there is an offer.

The extended warranty is administered by VW financial services. You don’t have to take out any credit, they just act as the banker. Beware though, if you pay on credit card, the payment will appear on your credit card as VWFS, & your card company might try and charge you a cash advance fee. Tesco did that to me until I kicked off & they refunded it.
Got it in one. I've phoned round the houses today trying to get a clear answer on the eligibility check. A nice lady on the VW extended warranty phone number said they get lots of frustrated people phoning them about the "all in package" and they have to direct them to Vw financial services because they run that service...and invariably don't have a clue!

Got it in one. I've phoned round the houses today trying to get a clear answer on the eligibility check. A nice lady on the VW extended warranty phone number said they get lots of frustrated people phoning them about the "all in package" and they have to direct them to Vw financial services because they run that service...and invariably don't have a clue!
That’s funny I spoke to VW finance yesterday and they said they don’t deal with the all in package and I need to speak to my dealership! Typical VW they never really know what’s going on with their own products

That’s funny I spoke to VW finance yesterday and they said they don’t deal with the all in package and I need to speak to my dealership! Typical VW they never really know what’s going on with their own products
That’s correct. The dealer sets up the extended warranty, does all the work etc. all VWFS do is process the payment, they have nothing to do with the actual warranty. It’s like paying any other bill, e.g. you buy your broadband from BT, but pay the money to their NatWest bank account. NatWest don’t provide the broadband.

I’ve posted this in another thread but buying into this warranty, for me, really is a no brainer. £34.97 a month and now have a £2600 bill covered: with £600 last year.

A couple of things and, for clarity, I work in the service department of a VW dealer............

1/ It is true that in the case of an extended warranty claim (to reiterate, this also applies to All In) the dealer does not have the ultimate say as to what is/isn't covered, so if a claim has been rejected and you have problem with that, ask the dealer for a reason for rejection and take up the issue with VW customer care.

2/ I checked today and nowhere could I find oil leaks as a specific reason for rejection under the T&Cs of the extended warranty - there may be a get out on the basis of reasonable wear and tear, depending on the age, mileage, service history and the nature of leak on the particular vehicle involved in the claim, but oil leaks can and have been rectified under extended warranty, I've seen it happen many times in my dealership, including the popular crankshaft front main seal/sump seal leak.
They did an oil leak for me last year and it would have cost me £600 ish but the extended warranty covered it.

My dealership has always been up front about this. they’ll carry out the diagnostics, work out the labour and costs and then ring the VW insurance people in Leamington. They’ve always given me an indication of what might NOT be covered and so far they’ve been spot on.

My monthly invoice comes from VW Commercial Vehicle Finance, Milton Keynes. If you ring the number on the invoice 0870 0102080 they have no clue what you are talking about as alluded to by @Salty Spuds above. The dealer rings a Leamington Spa number for the go ahead!

VW Finance.jpg

I’ve posted this in another thread but buying into this warranty, for me, really is a no brainer. £34.97 a month and now have a £2600 bill covered: with £600 last year.

On the service this year, they noticed a cracked pipe on the way onto the DPF filter (why that other vw dealership didn't notice I don't know why). Would have cost £800. Warrenty...covered.

My monthly invoice comes from VW Commercial Vehicle Finance, Milton Keynes. If you ring the number on the invoice 0870 0102080 they have no clue what you are talking about as alluded to by @Salty Spuds above. The dealer rings a Leamington Spa number for the go ahead!

View attachment 187703
Annoying that I get these in the post every month and seemingly no way to receive electronically e.g. via email

Back