VW dealer saying cant fit 20” wheels on a T32 199PS 4Motion

Blackpool

Retired Civil Engineer
T6 Pro
Hi all just bought a ex demo t6 3w 199 dsg 4 wheel drive .

I asked the salesman to get a price on vw 20 inch matt black wheels.
He came back saying they wont fit on a 32 t 4 motion dsg .
Saying the tyres wont fit .
Im thinking the parts lad is a bit simple .
Any thoughts please as im new to vans

Just talked to leighton vans and they can sort wheels out for me thanks for the reply

How are leighton doing this? I just bought an approved used from VW (4motion dsg) still under manufactures warranty it came with 265/40 R20s. Van drives lovely I'm just bother about the impact on the DSG and warranty.

How are leighton doing this? I just bought an approved used from VW (4motion dsg) still under manufactures warranty it came with 265/40 R20s. Van drives lovely I'm just bother about the impact on the DSG and warranty.
Tiguans, amroks and tourags come from VW with 20” wheels fitted as standard. I’d assume the dsg gearboxes are identical just with different software.

Tiguans, amroks and tourags come from VW with 20” wheels fitted as standard. I’d assume the dsg gearboxes are identical just with different software.
Don’t know about Tiguans but Amaroks and Touaregs have totally different gearboxes, thought you could get 20” alloys now through the VW accessory brochure? Saw some T32’s with them fitted at Liverpool VW

Don’t know about Tiguans but Amaroks and Touaregs have totally different gearboxes, thought you could get 20” alloys now through the VW accessory brochure? Saw some T32’s with them fitted at Liverpool VW

The 20" wheels are rated T32 but there are no suitable tyres VW state 275/35 R20 should be fitted but it no available for load index 103 or higher.

I'm trying to get confirmation the 265/40 R20s wont affect the dsg and warranty.

The 20" wheels are rated T32 but there are no suitable tyres VW state 275/35 R20 should be fitted but it no available for load index 103 or higher.

I'm trying to get confirmation the 265/40 R20s wont affect the dsg and warranty.
Hello, Just piucking up on this thread... did you get an answer back from VW re the 265/40/20 and the DSG box / warranty? many thanks

Hello, Just piucking up on this thread... did you get an answer back from VW re the 265/40/20 and the DSG box / warranty? many thanks

Intrigued as I have purchased a T32 with 20" alloys, DSG and 4Motion.

New Transporter ordered. T32 4motion Kombi.

Was advised by dealer that any increase in wheel size above 18” would invalidate the warranty. Is this right?

Interested to know the warranty answer also. However, wouldn't you just put the old wheels on when going to the dealer?

Back