Does Suspension need Changing if I fit nice 18” wheels?

auldal

New Transporter ordered. T32 4motion Kombi. Was advised by dealer that any increase in wheel size above 18” would invalidate the warranty. Is this right?

secondly-was thinking about 18” alloys (20” look good but 18” is fine for me). Would I need to change the suspension set up and if so -How? Please-nothing too technical. I won’t follow it.

Finally gloss black or satin black. Any suggestions or pics would be welcome. I guess the forum members must get tired of newbies asking these sort of questions. I have looked through various forum posts. First transporter and want to get it right.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

New Transporter ordered. T32 4motion Kombi. Was advised by dealer that any increase in wheel size above 18” would invalidate the warranty. Is this right?
secondly-was thinking about 18” alloys (20” look good but 18” is fine for me). Would I need to change the suspension set up and if so -How? Please-nothing too technical. I won’t follow it.
Finally gloss black or satin black. Any suggestions or pics would be welcome. I guess the forum members must get tired of newbies asking these sort of questions. I have looked through various forum posts. First transporter and want to get it right. Thanks for any help/advice you can give.
Just fitting new wheels doesn’t necessitate changing the suspension, changing suspension is usually dictated by a desire to change the ride height for aesthetic reasons or to improve ride comfort, or handling, or sometimes all 3.

If you like the standard ride height for looks and you’re happy with how your van drives then you don’t NEED to change the suspension, although I have plenty of reasons to convince you of why you would WANT to change it! ;)

As for pictures of wheels, have a look through the various “show us your T6” threads, plenty of inspiration there.

Back