Vw Badge Inserts

One digit out on the part number
Available form your local friendly dealer for the sum of four pounds

View attachment 34629

Excuse my ignorance in these matters, but do you just contact your local dealer to order one of these, I've never done this sort of thing before - first time I've had a car that I really cared about.

I've looked online, but I can't seem to find anyone selling just the insert.

Excuse my ignorance in these matters, but do you just contact your local dealer to order one of these, I've never done this sort of thing before - first time I've had a car that I really cared about.

I've looked online, but I can't seem to find anyone selling just the insert.
Hi, I've a 67 plate, the front badge and the rear badge chrome (well chrome looking VW) is clipped on. The insert is only on the front badge, it drop out when you take the chrome front of. I wrapped mine at the front then put it back together. But Yes, you can get them at any VW garage but they are black a like for like replacement and Pauly was right they are under a fiver but that's only the insert. The rear badge is different when the chrome comes of the black part is part of the badge, so I wrapped mine in vinyl outside then put the cover back on.

If you want a particular insert there are loads on Ebay but I had the vinyl so just did it myself. Fronts been on a year and still looks smart.

Thanks PoNvs. I'd taken the front badge off to wrap it, but when I was cleaning it, I snapped a bit off . I should still be able to wrap it, but I'd like to get a new one in case I want to go back

New insert ordered from the dealer, but had a go at wrapping the old one.

Its not perfect, but I'm happy with it. I can always go back to black if I want when I get the new insert.

IMG_20200317_112621511.jpg

Its just some cheap carbon fiber effect stuff off Wish, but we'll see how long it lasts.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can get the black plate that sits behind the badge (7E0 853 719)?

I can only find the complete badge on eBay for around £30 and I’d really like to buy just the plate to paint

Does anybody know where I can get the black plate that sits behind the badge (7E0 853 719)?

I can only find the complete badge on eBay for around £30 and I’d really like to buy just the plate to paint

I just emailed my local dealer, and they got one in a few days. Cost about £4. They had it listed as a badge carrier.

All the dealer parts depts are closed though aren’t they? My local one is for sure

Back