Warranty question.

MJB67

My warranty expired just before my service with my local VW dealer in March this year on my 2019 T28 during which I was informed that the front crankshaft oil seal was leaking and required replacing at a cost of a grand. I had just purchased the 3 year VW warranty and Breakdown cover pre service.
Apparently any majors discovered during the service + 1 month are not covered in the new warranty cover.
I was told by the desk to bring it in for a vehicle check a couple of months down the line and he would put it on the system and see whether they would do the repair under the warranty."see what they say" his words.
5 months down the line I still drive it with the 'minor' leak from the oil seal, what are the chances if I took it in for a vehicle check that they would agree it?
Anyone had a similar experience with a warranty repair?

take it to a different VW garage. . .

it wont be logged with VW mothership untill the dealer puts in a warrenty claim for parts and labour. .

so it should sail through.

or

just put i back in to your garage for "an oil leak" under the warranty. 5months later i doubt they will remember anything . . unless they have something logged on there computer against the REG.

its in there interest to have the work authorised, as that's how they get paid. . . if they say no. - just take it else where. ( ie a different franchise Beadles vs Group1 )

take it to a different VW garage. . .

it wont be logged with VW mothership untill the dealer puts in a warrenty claim for parts and labour. .

so it should sail through.

or

just put i back in to your garage for "an oil leak" under the warranty. 5months later i doubt they will remember anything . . unless they have something logged on there computer against the REG.

its in there interest to have the work authorised, as that's how they get paid. . . if they say no. - just take it else where. ( ie a different franchise Beadles vs Group1 )

Lovely thanks. I'm assuming that I can take it to any VW dealer not just the one I purchased the warranty and Breakdown cover with ?

yes. . . any VW-CV garage. (Van centre)

in the UK & Europe i believe.

I had the same leak identified in feb this year after getting my van in Oct last year. It came from the big VW commercial place in Colindale in London. We got it through a camper conversion outfit and had the years warranty from the VW Commercialmplace. Anyway, long story short, our local VW wouldn’t warranty it, went direct to VW warranty and they sent a very snotty email saying leaks from seals weren’t covered. We were quoted nearly £900 to fix.
We ended up going back to the conversion outfit who went to the commercial place who agreed to fix it as a goodwill. We just had to get it to London from the Lakes.

Back