Videos Of Faulty Folding Mirrors And Faulty Sliding Door Lock

Zave

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Thought I'd post these here as I'm getting these faults looked at tomorrow during the service and of course they won't manifest whilst I'm there at Peasmarsh, Guildford.

Mirrors

Sliding door

If anyone else has the problem it might be worth linking a video also and stating the dealer that you're complaining to.

I’ve had the sleeping mirror issue a couple of times, I just do what you did with the switch a couple of times and it sorts itself out.

Well I showed them the video but yet they've come back to me with no fault found. Guess I'll just have to call VW Assistance out next time it happens. It's a good job it's not an intermittent fault with the brakes.

I had a sleeping mirror on the drivers side. I nudged it to encourage it to move after activating the folding in on the switch and it has worked ever since! o_O

Not sure the finer details of these things but maybe there is a park detection switch that gets upset as it appears to be a mechanical issue.

There is no feedback to the BCM regarding mirror position....(so position fault codes)

Just a up/down command via the LIN bus....

So @Dilbert s idea may help.

Just a thought with the door, is it only un locking that this happens? Have you ever checked it when locking to make sure it’s locked.

Just a thought with the door, is it only un locking that this happens? Have you ever checked it when locking to make sure it’s locked.
I've checked now and again. Locking seems ok. Except if the fault occurs the inside driver door locking switch needs pressing many times to do the central locking unless I push down the inside sliding door lock first.

Mine does that at least once a week, and has done for over a year now. I mentioned it on a service, but the tech said it's a common issue, and to just switch the mirror fold switch several times and it should catch up. Annoying at first, and looks chod if you park up and only 1 mirror folds, but i'm used to it now, and just add it to my friendly gremlins that makes my T6 unique. ;)

Thought I'd post these here as I'm getting these faults looked at tomorrow during the service and of course they won't manifest whilst I'm there at Peasmarsh, Guildford.

Mirrors

Sliding door

If anyone else has the problem it might be worth linking a video also and stating the dealer that you're complaining to.

Mirrors

Sliding door

I had the same fault with my mirrors, took it back to my dealer Preston Van Centre. They cleared the fault within 30 mins. I asked what they had done, they said had reset the electrics for them !!!!! Been ok up to now but I only use the door switch to fold not the key fob.

Back