Sliding door deadlock issue (T5.1)

seth

I discovered an odd issue with the deadlock for the sliding doors on my 2011 T5.1 Caravelle. Manual doors but with silent close. Twin sliders.

Lock or lock normally with key fob. All good. Deadlocks work as expected.

Lock or unlock with the interior lock. All doors locked but no deadlocks, as expected.

Lock with key fob then press 'lock' a second time (this can be a while later, not just a quick double press). Now the deadlocks disengage, as they should. BUT the sliding doors themselves are also unlocked (and the alarm will go off if you open them). The other doors and the tailgate remain locked (but not deadlocked).

Always both doors, and it is doing this each time I try it. So very unlikely to be something to do with the mechanisms or contacts. I can't see anything online which suggests there is a control unit which relates to locking which would affect a pair of doors (I only see control unit for each door mentioned).

One of the sliders has occasionally ended up being not able to open when vehicle unlocked using the remote but am not clear what is going on - seems to try to open but not be able to (silent close whirs to release but still stuck. Locking then unlocking again gets it going. This sounds like a separate issue but mentioning just in case. The other possibly relevant bit of info is if there is any relevant wiring/control unit under the driver and passenger seats then it could have been disturbed whilst disconnecting/tidying things (but I don't thing there is any control unit, just connectors, and some fuses, and there was no sign of any damp or anything). And I can't say whether this issue existed before I started any of the stripping out and meddling, or during or after. I never tried the kind of things which revealed the issue until today.

Anyone with knowledge of the locking wiring/controls have any suggestions about what might be going on here and how to fix it? Is there something which is linked to both and only the slider door mechanism (some wiring, a controller or a setting which can be reset or recoded.....?).

Currently the vehicle is stripped out and being insulated, but easy access to much of the OEM wiring and the mechanisms will soon be gone.

Back