Folding Mirrors Only Work Via The Manual Switch

Stango

Hi,
My first question since owning the T6 edition 18 plate over the last couple of weeks.

As per the thread title the elctric folding mirrors have stopped working from the long press on the key fob.

This seems to have stopped from the time I used the internal switch to manually fold them, although this could be coincidence.

Have a I done something when messing with the menus within the MFD (Ican't see any menus to do with this) or do I need to reset something?

Any help appreciated as I am clueless, thank you.

Rod.

Try resetting the passenger one as well ...

The passenger one worked fine from the switch on the drivers side, but maybe not from the switch actually on the passengers side. I'll check thank you.

Just to clarify are you saying reset from the drivers switch or the passenger switch? And could this cure the mirrors?

Questions questions lol.

Thank you for your time.

Murdoch it worked, happy days can't thank you enough. I did a reset of the passengers side on both doors :)

Did I do something I shouldn't have to cause the problem?

I know it seems weird but the window regulators/motors are the door control modules also and these also control the electric mirrors, the one touch up/down on the windows along with the folding mirrors are all part of the ‘comfort functions’ and losing the window function also stops the mirror function.

The reset process sets the top and bottom limits of the one touch windows and this activated the comfort functions again
Disconnecting the battery or windows losing power briefly causes these limits to get lost and require resetting

I know it seems weird but the window regulators/motors are the door control modules also and these also control the electric mirrors, the one touch up/down on the windows along with the folding mirrors are all part of the ‘comfort functions’ and losing the window function also stops the mirror function.

The reset process sets the top and bottom limits of the one touch windows and this activated the comfort functions again
Disconnecting the battery or windows losing power briefly causes these limits to get lost and require resetting

Thanks Pauly for the explanation, I did read within the manual about various errors if there is a loss of battery connection. And it makes sense if this was the cause, my concern is as to how the loss occured. Something to monitor for the future, and touch wood all will be fine.

many thanks, Rod.

Thanks @Stango and @Pauly for this thread - just fixed/reset my wing mirrors/windows this morning!
Had exactly the same problem on my new T6. Been playing with all the buttons (new toy!) - and they had stopped folding in too.
A happy start to the week!
Perfect.

OK. So I’ve just got back from the dealership and asked the question about folding mirrors off the key fob. They said that my van doesn’t have that function, are they correct?

67 plate, electric mirrors, can use the fob to put the windows down but nothing on the mirrors.

Are they right or am I missing something? An idiots guide on what to do would be great.

Cheers.

If its a MY18 model it will do it as standard if its an MY17 model then it needs wiring/an aftermarket module to get them to do it

You should have comfort closing. Do the windows open and close with one click of the switch? If not then they will need to re set them. Your mirrors should then fold from the keyfob, you need to keep it pressed after the doors have locked until the indicators flash again

Hi,
My first question since owning the T6 edition 18 plate over the last couple of weeks.

As per the thread title the elctric folding mirrors have stopped working from the long press on the key fob.

This seems to have stopped from the time I used the internal switch to manually fold them, although this could be coincidence.

Have a I done something when messing with the menus within the MFD (Ican't see any menus to do with this) or do I need to reset something?

Any help appreciated as I am clueless, thank you.

Rod.
Mine started playing up after a few weeks of using the key fob. Drivers side would fold passenger side would not fold. Took back to dealership, they said they had done a reset. Since then I have only used the internal door switch and since then been ok.

Same mirror issue
Awesome guys I had my battery disconnected, I worked out how to reset windows from drivers door, windows worked but not mirrors, after reading this I reset passenger window at passenger side and all is well, folding, folding mirrors again !!!!

Same mirror issue
Awesome guys I had my battery disconnected, I worked out how to reset windows from drivers door, windows worked but not mirrors, after reading this I reset passenger window at passenger side and all is well, folding, folding mirrors again !!!!
Interesting................

Back