Interior door lock buttons and folding mirror switch wont work.

109LWB

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So I noticed that the lock and unlock buttons on the driver door don’t work, neither do the mirror fold or heated mirrors even with front screen on. Mirror adjustment does work and windows work fine with one touch up and down. I’ve reset the battery and reset the windows.
All plugs are plugged into the panel. I have limited electrical knowledge, but I was getting 5v, 0v and 12v on the three wires to the lock/unlock plug, which to me says it’s getting power ok, but I’m not sure what it should be getting.

Short of buying a second hand panel, for £60-70 I’m not sure what else to try.
No faults on carista except a generator fault that seems to be the common wiring issue from the alternator but I haven’t had a chance to fully investigate yet.
Any other ideas would be most welcome as I could really do with the lock and unlock working for when we start going away for nights out.

I know it won’t help with the lock/unlock issue, but you rotate the switch to make the mirrors fold/unfold, as opposed to pressing it.

I know it won’t help with the lock/unlock issue, but you rotate the switch to make the mirrors fold/unfold, as opposed to pressing it.
Yes I know, it does nothing. It's like the top half of the panel is dead, but yet the mirror adjust works on both sides.

Yes I know, it does nothing. It's like the top half of the panel is dead, but yet the mirror adjust works on both sides.
Have you taken the switch panel out and checked all 3 connectors are plugged in?

Have you taken the switch panel out and checked all 3 connectors are plugged in?
Yep.
I'll check for power on the pins today. Was getting too late last night.
I'm no electrician mind. Mechanics, no problem. I've owned and worked on Landovers for 20 years. But electrics are the devil's work.

So I have 5v on one pin and 12v on another and 0 on the third on the lock unlock plug with the engine running.

So that says to me it's getting power. That's as far as my electrical knowledge goes.

The heated mirrors don't appear to heat up even with the front screen on.

Next step will be to disassemble the mirrors to see if I actually have folding/heated mirrors fitted. One would assume so given the switch is there.

So I have 5v on one pin and 12v on another and 0 on the third on the lock unlock plug with the engine running.

So that says to me it's getting power. That's as far as my electrical knowledge goes.

The heated mirrors don't appear to heat up even with the front screen on.

Next step will be to disassemble the mirrors to see if I actually have folding/heated mirrors fitted. One would assume so given the switch is there.
Are there any members near you that have VCDS that could scan the van for errors?

Are there any members near you that have VCDS that could scan the van for errors?
I think Loz is the other side of the river to me so he's probably closest.
I have carista and that's not showing anything except a generator code. Might be worth resetting the battery and chasing the wires from the alternator.

I think I've found the issue.
Disassembled the switches and the lock switch is completely corroded. I managed to clean it enough to get it to unlock, but not lock. One of the pins is near non existant and one of the switch pads is badly damaged.

I shoud have left it there, I could have just ordered the new lock switch peice, but being nosy, I also opened up the mirror control, which promptly fell to bits in my hand. No corrosion though. Spent ages trying to get it back together, but no joy.

I then had a brain wave. I did a car check before I bought the van and it listed all the build codes and equipment fitted.
Turns out the van doesn't have folding mirrors so that's why they don't work.

My power of deduction leads me to believe the previous owner spilled something on the switches and replaced the mirror switch for one with the folding and heating options, even though it only has heating. There is evidence of the switch panel being removed before. Why they didn't also replace the lock buttons I don't know, I guess it was never used but the mirror adjustment was.

I've ordered whole switch panel from a breaker although this one also has heated and folding mirror options, so I hope the heated bit works ok.

Seems like the problem is solved anyway fingers crossed when the panel arrives.

Turns out the van doesn't have folding mirrors so that's why they don't work.

I've ordered whole switch panel from a breaker although this one also has heated and folding mirror options, so I hope the heated bit works ok.
Glad you got to the bottom of it.

I think I have a spare lock + window control panel, but it is for folding mirrors, if your breaker doesn’t come through.

Back