Mirror And Window Issue

ei-aprilia

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Bit of a weird one this. My wing mirrors have stopped folding when using the key. They still fold using the door switch. The windows no longer open or close with the key either. The windows still work using the buttons on the doors. I did a scan with carista and no faults found. I disconnected the battery yesterday for half an hour or so, could that have anything to do with it? I also need to top up the adblue but I doubt that's related.

Any ideas anyone?

Ian

Normally if you disconnect battery you will lose one touch windows and this in turn stops folding mirrors working as they are part of the same ‘comfort’ function
Just reset your window limits and should be fine

Normally if you disconnect battery you will lose one touch windows and this in turn stops folding mirrors working as they are part of the same ‘comfort’ function
Just reset your window limits and should be fine

Cheers Pauly I'll give that a try :thumbsup:

What he said =)

Reset the window limits.

I've got the same issue as title.

Resetting window limits - case of just opening and closing fully?

TIA

Check your one shot windows are still working, if batt has been disconnected then power windows need resetting and mirrors wont fold until you do

If it needs resetting take windows all the way down and hold button down for a few secs then all the way up and hold the switch up for a few extra secs

Forget the above, just found this post @Pauly

Thanks

Interesting stuff there is a wealth of info I have no idea of regarding my wheels , sorry for sounding like a dumbass but what you are talking about is mirrors auto folding when you stop and remove the key , is that correct because I know the battery was replaced before I purchased the van last October and I have all those options fitted .

It’s about mirrors folding when you lock the van, some model years have this functionality so when you lock the van you do an extended press of the lock button and this will close any open windows/sunroof and make the mirrors fold up

Hey Pauly , I shall look into this , one of my old old BMW 's had the window thing but I did not know about this with the kombi so I thank you for the heads up . My T6 is August 2016 Highline model .

2016 won’t fold the mirrors when locking but if it’s an MY 16 ie made in the first half of 2016 then it can be coded/programmed to do so

Back