Video equipment

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
This is not really my forte, so I thought you guys would have better ideas.

Since our recent make-over of the business, we've had a new website built that connects directly to the business Instagram and we've started to do more video shots to show off our work, because it's far more dramatic than just generic photos.
I've been using my Samsung S20 Ultra but it seems to be a little glitchy and pixelated on some of our videos, which I don't seem to be able to fix:
So my question is... Does anyone recommend an easy to use fast to upload device that we can use to take short high quality videos to use mainly on my social media, like a GoPro or similar. I don't need £££££ worth of equipment, just something that is quick to transfer footage to my phone, to then upload to my Instagram, which is the quickest way I upload on the go.

no reply's yet . . . so i thought i would chip in.

have you checked the recorded footage from the phone back on a PC or Tablet etc? - im assuming its ok?

or checked the vid clips in the google photos app?

or tried sending a link for vid elsewhere?

or loading the same vid clip to different platform as i test? . . . . ie YouTube + IG to compare?

im thinking the Glitching etc is a factor of the IG compression converting it from high res to a lower res. (when it loaded onto the IG servers)

have you tried setting the S20 video record rate to 1080p?

other things to check . . . are you using phones internal storage? - or added SD card? - make sure any added card is 4k ready ie- class 10 speed etc.

but first i would try using a lower resolution on the recording

1620366983764.png

++++~

Now, the best Instagram video dimensions are 1080px by 1920px. In other words, this means that your Instagram video should be 1080 pixels wide and 1920 pixels tall. This will provide the best quality video.29 Dec 2020

1620367057675.png

Back