VCDS where to buy?

I have a RossTech HEX V2 USB. Never had to use it in anger only for reset service etc. Noticed an increase in fuel consumption over the past few weeks. 40.5 down to 35 mpg. Can this device check the air fuel ratio,MAF and other causes. Checked air filter and connections to MAF etc. No loss of performance that I can detect. Mileage is about 22k. The vehicle has had one oil and filters changed at 12.5K

Thanks

VCDS can measure an extraordinary amount of values
If you go into the measuring blocks for the engine (module 1) it will show you a list of all the values it can display but it would be tricky as you wouldnt have any ‘before’ comparison values

Gents
I need to invest in a VCDS to be able to work on my van. Which model and where from are people using I want it to cover VW and Audi if possible I have got an old laptop with windows 10 and a more upto date ipad. The ipad has not got a USB port, can I do it by WiFi or is this not an option. I will need the VCDS to be able to wind handbrake calipers back on VWs with elec handbrake. What are my options Baz

There are only two options really and that is either of the new VCDS interfaces, these are required to be fully compatible with newer vehicles
Hex V2 is prob the one you want and this comes at three different prices depending on how many vehicles you want to use it in, 3 vin/10 vin/unlimited vin - it’s worth noting scanning and resetting codes does not use a vin they only count for programming/coding

the other option is hex-net which is more expensive and can connect wirelessly over WiFi but has restricted functions when wireless so not really the best option for enthusiasts who are not running live data logging driving around given the price

Reactions: mmi
There are only two options really and that is either of the new VCDS interfaces, these are required to be fully compatible with newer vehicles
Hex V2 is prob the one you want and this comes at three different prices depending on how many vehicles you want to use it in, 3 vin/10 vin/unlimited vin - it’s worth noting scanning and resetting codes does not use a vin they only count for programming/coding

the other option is hex-net which is more expensive and can connect wirelessly over WiFi but has restricted functions when wireless so not really the best option for enthusiasts who are not running live data logging driving around given the price

I have a Hex V2 (10 vin) and clearing codes absolutely uses a VIN count. You can scan and view everything but *any* change knocks one off your total.

Edit: Been and checked VCDS' website and it states fault codes can be cleared without affecting vin counts. Not sure if things have changed since it was written in 2017 but to clear the faults on one of my cars I was asked to record the vin - perhaps you can say no and keep the count, didn't bother me as I was going to be tweaking it anyway :)

Good evening all,

Where in the UK is the best place to purchase Ross-Tech VCDS?
Does anywhere offer discounts for forum members?
If I were to purchase the 3 VIN version can you upgrade to 10 VIN at a later date?

I have my VW T6 and my partners Seat Ibiza that it would be very useful for, especially as an engine warning light has just popped up on her car. However this would only give me one spare licence which could be used up if we change her car.

Cheers

RustyMac

Thanks all for your quick responses.

Last stupid question does clearing fault codes count as making changes?

I'm not sure how much coding changes I would be likely to do on the Ibiza - would the codes be the same for the Ibiza as the T6 for activation of certain features?

Evening All,

I have a very old dodgy copy of VCDS and would like to get the real deal but cannot recall what I should be buying?
The last time I used it was on my GTI 10 years ago as have had Audi’s since then.

Guidance on what I need would be superb.

cheers

Cheers @mmi

I only have the one T6 transporter DSG 2018 BiTDi. Would the 3 VIN suffice with just the one van and give the options to help to others out in the future?

It is also chipped, would this affect VCDS?

I only have the one T6 transporter DSG 2018 BiTDi. Would the 3 VIN suffice with just the one van and give the options to help to others out in the future?
Making changes = coding/adaptation on a vehicle uses a VIN. However, just reading or clearing faults does not.

It is also chipped, would this affect VCDS?
Shouldn't.

Coolio, so one VIN for mine and probably one for a couple of other members local to me?

Coolio, so one VIN for mine and probably one for a couple of other members local to me?
To be exact - helping with coding just two members would exhaust 3 VIN license pack :cautious:

OBDeleven is another tool for T6 (+VAG) codings - without VIN limitation.

More here:
and

Can you code with the OBD11 @mmi as I have one to hand already?

Back