VCDS where to buy?

Now that's good to know, every day is a learning day @mmi .

I know it works as just done the needle sweep and bonus is a have credit to use

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mmi
Is there anywhere on here where someone has compiled an OBD11 list of most used mods or is it the same as VCDS but via OBD11?

Thread Hijack, :D
How are you getting on with the OBD11? Managed to use it ?
I have done the basic stuff like needle , tear drop wipers post washer. Also reset nav when installed HU, reset passenger air bag light but nothing else hence the question as there doesn’t seem to be many members who use OBD11.

Did you have to use any credits for all that? I’m skeptical that these credits will outcost vcds in the long run?

I’m looking into buying VCDS to do some work on my vehicles and found this apparent bargain!..... Cheap unlimited VCDS on Amazon at approx £60 with support from ‘Car Intern.’ technicians included. Must be ok if it’s on Amazon, right?
Maybe I’ll give it a try and send it back if it’s not as described.

Not even cheap...
Some experiments with clones:

I have a Hex V2 (10 vin) and clearing codes absolutely uses a VIN count. You can scan and view everything but *any* change knocks one off your total.

Edit: Been and checked VCDS' website and it states fault codes can be cleared without affecting vin counts. Not sure if things have changed since it was written in 2017 but to clear the faults on one of my cars I was asked to record the vin - perhaps you can say no and keep the count, didn't bother me as I was going to be tweaking it anyway :)
I also have the limited vin cable. When clearing codes you can select no to adding the vin when it asks and it just takes a bit longer to run.

I also have the limited vin cable. When clearing codes you can select no to adding the vin when it asks and it just takes a bit longer to run.

Yeah thanks, worked it out after I'd replied lol The first few I used it on were my cars/van and was coding them anyway so wasn't too bothered.

I have the unlimited VIN Hex Net version. @Pauly was saying the dongle is limited when using wifi, I have yet to find something I cant do on my mobile as long as it is on the same wifi network as my phone used in infrastructure mode. If used in direct mode you can only do basic functions. I have a Netgear Nighthawk M2 to allow it to connect to my phone or laptop via the router. Works very well. I am considering buying a genuine version of VCP so my VCDS MAY be up for offers.

Anyone any experience of Amazon obd / vcds cables? Lost of dodgy reviews on em.
Just need one to code my new THQ v3 lights so they can have main and dipped beam on the same time. I believe vcds is free and THQ video looks simple enough. Any advice much appreciated.

VCDS is free but you need a licenced cable not a ODB port cable. You can get snide clones off flea bay but I wouldnt trust one on my van.

Have a look on the map here https://www.t6forum.com/membermap/ there maybe someone with a yellow pin who’d code it for you

Back