VCDS to find the reason of the orange dash light.

JDC

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, anyone around Liverpool with VCDS to find out why my orange dash light came on. Not sure if it's just a service light but the Mot is due in a few weeks and don't want it to fail straight away. Help!!!

I dont think anything major as the stop/start system works fine and dpf doesn't come on since I've been blasting up and down the motorway. Hoping it's a service light reminder.

The service reminder is in the centre display I’m afraid. The engine light can mean loads of different faults, so well worth a check.

Yeah, as @Pauly says they’re tough on that now. Used to be an advisory.

Grab a Carista for £25 or so and read/cancel the code.

That orange light will most probably be emissions related.

So not a big engine problem, but will need a scan for codes to see what it's relating too.

Possibly EGR flow or something.

Scan and log the codes, then clear and go on a drive cycle.

If it's a hard fault the orange lamp would come back.

That orange light will most probably be emissions related.

So not a big engine problem, but will need a scan for codes to see what it's relating too.

Possibly EGR flow or something.

Scan and log the codes, then clear and go on a drive cycle.

If it's a hard fault the orange lamp would come back.
Hopefully not the EGR. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: JDC
Cheers mate. I'll have a look at this thread and have a play when it turns up.

Ad a scan and it's EGR flow, P0401. Looks like my warranty covers EGR but not soot build up. How easy to replace it?

most likely a EGR flow issue caused by a blocked EGR cooler.

a common issue.

had mine sorted out under warranty.

had two flushes, then the unit replaced.

its about a £1k+ job, so push for the warranty fix.

1690823433450.png

Cheers, I will do. It's with the RAC so I'll see what they can do. Also it Looks my euro 5 engine is a bit different to the one pictured, just hope it's easier to replace.

Just been reading another thread which said EGR is closed when the van does a regen hence why my van hasn't done a regen for a few weeks now!!

Back