VCDS - Large MPH display

Thanks again @Loz and @Pauly .
I edited the above post but too late.

I found this and changed it to Aus. However in the MFD there was no settings menu. The van had had a steering wheel with buttons fitted (T6 Highline wheel with cruise buttons) in place of its OEM wheel (no buttons - cruise on stalk). I have been into the settings for this and ticked the box for MFSW and saved but the buttons on the wheel still were not active (and the horn was not working either.)

Thanks again @Loz and @Pauly .
I edited the above post but too late.

I found this and changed it to Aus. However in the MFD there was no settings menu. The van had had a steering wheel with buttons fitted (T6 Highline wheel with cruise buttons) in place of its OEM wheel (no buttons - cruise on stalk). I have been into the settings for this and ticked the box for MFSW and saved but the buttons on the wheel still were not active (and the horn was not working either.)
Is it a Highline base van? Or have you added a highline MFSW to a lower spec van? You may not have the corresponding hardware to display the large digits.

Is it a Highline base van? Or have you added a highline MFSW to a lower spec van? You may not have the corresponding hardware to display the large digits.

Its not my van. I dont think its a Highline van. But the display does have the 2 horizontal lines and the km/h display.

basic clusters dont have the two smaller gauges inset at the bottom of the speedo and rpm dials, on basics the fuel gauge is at the bottom of the lcd screen

Morning all!

Was changing the VCDS this morning to allow MPH in big on the dash screen. Love it!

So this is Instruments 17 then coding.

However when I was going through coding, it said in Bit 0-3

04 Distance Impulse Number 4 - VW Polo (6R)

Should this be 06 Distance Impulse Number 6 - VW Transporter/Multivan (7E/7F)?

Has it been miscoded at factory? Brand new T6 by the way.

Lastly I can’t find tear wiping. Strange.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, anyone in or around the hertford area who’s able to do this for me ?

many thanks - Ja

I too are looking for advice and believe I know that I can’t have Mph displayed.
I have T6 Startline 2016 combi
I don’t have a multi function steering wheel but I do have the trip button & multi-function display.
I asked my local VW dealership and they didn’t believe I could ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Please tell me I can, so annoying having a non functional digital display page !!
0167DC6A-B18F-4F50-8DB8-442BD67A593A.jpeg

Have you changed your EEPROM setting yet?

Alternatively Instrument Cluster EEPROM can be read via OBD2 socket with VAG-TACHO.

The video below demonstrates direct read from the EEPROM chip by using CH341A.
Then the dump modification can be done with any HEX editor or dedicated Instrument Cluster EEPROM software.
In this example VAG DASH EDITOR was used.

The LARGE SPEED DISPLAY can be simply toggled between MPH and KM/H
with drop down selection option as shown below.
View attachment 144011

Once modification is done, the EEPROM dump must be uploaded(written) back to the IC. And the last step is the enjoyment of your desired speed display.

EDIT:
I just read again your post and realised that you already have both speeds but actually missing the reading.

Reactions: mmi
Have you changed your EEPROM setting yet?

EDIT:
I just read again your post and realised that you already have both speeds but actually missing the reading.
Yes I have both readings but it doesn’t actually show my Mph as I am driving, it seems crazy that I have a digital page that is inactive !?!

I too are looking for advice and believe I know that I can’t have Mph displayed.
I have T6 Startline 2016 combi
I don’t have a multi function steering wheel but I do have the trip button & multi-function display.
I asked my local VW dealership and they didn’t believe I could ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Please tell me I can, so annoying having a non functional digital display page !!
View attachment 185462
I thought that page was where you could set a speed limit warning.

Back