VCDS - Large MPH display

craigblues

T6 Pro
Morning all!

Was changing the VCDS this morning to allow MPH in big on the dash screen. Love it!

So this is Instruments 17 then coding.

However when I was going through coding, it said in Bit 0-3

04 Distance Impulse Number 4 - VW Polo (6R)

Should this be 06 Distance Impulse Number 6 - VW Transporter/Multivan (7E/7F)?

Has it been miscoded at factory? Brand new T6 by the way.

Lastly I can’t find tear wiping. Strange.

Thanks in advance.

Morning all!

Was changing the VCDS this morning to allow MPH in big on the dash screen. Love it!

So this is Instruments 17 then coding.

However when I was going through coding, it said in Bit 0-3

04 Distance Impulse Number 4 - VW Polo (6R)

Should this be 06 Distance Impulse Number 6 - VW Transporter/Multivan (7E/7F)?

Has it been miscoded at factory? Brand new T6 by the way.

Lastly I can’t find tear wiping. Strange.

Thanks in advance.
Which version of VCDS you are using as the late ones do not have car make/model information -probably because it's a kind of misleading. The coding is rather based on wheel size. The T6 have from the factory both 4 and 6 (at least those may be even others with fancy wheels). Some related info in thread Speedo Adjustment With Vcds

Tear wipe

Just realized that if using experimental data for coding there are no make/model designations. The regular one only has that info. Sorry about confusion :oops:

I am still having trouble changing the MPH ( large display)
I can change to Australia selecting do it ,but then when I go back in it has not changed ,there isa message that comes up say I gotta no bin file ?
Any thaughts?
Thanks John

It does not get to that stage,if I go back in and look at the bits it is still showing UK
Although it selects and looks like it changes it when I select do it,no option is changed on the MFD.i can not see why it does not keep the selected option change.

Does anyone know the coding on VCDS to enable the large speedo readout on the MFD
Many thanks.

yes,
1. change instruments country to Australia
2. Untick Alt speed in the MFD
3. Tick Digital speed in the MFD

Hi @Loz, how do I change the country to Australia in vcds please?

Managed it. But there was not settings menu on the van.

Last edited:
Go into module 17 - instruments
then into long coding helper, in byte 0 instead of tickboxes you will see a drop down list to select a country from

Back