VB Air Suspension - Let's Discuss...

Also if you do decide to go back to conventional Suspension the New KONI height adjust kit is a better offering than B 14 because it has damping adjustability as well as height and same price .

Solows are a great bit of kit, much better than b14s

you thought about adjustable polybushes on the rear?

It's a bit strange to have just one out by so much though :thumbsdown:
Not anymore, I have asked the fitters to remove the VB Air and put the original suspension back on

Hi, do any of you vb owners know if the system compensates for changes such as when cornering.
Does it do the same as the airlift system and constantly adjust the bag pressure depending on the roll of the van.
I think airlift describe it as anti cross loading and axel equalization.

Also when its VW approved.
If theres a fault with say the compressor or management.
Is it vb who have to honer that or do VW.

I have a friend looking at air options.

I cant fault my van on airlift 3h and abp so far.
But the vb also seems a popular option worth considering.

Cheers
Definitely wont adjust for cornering it simply doesn't react quick enough to function like that /
The corner weight on a vehicle ( any vehicle ) is X way s front left affects rear right and so on
VW wont have anything to do with the warranty , Its a "recommended for use" as apposed to " approved" product and not made by VW
The benefits of the VB air are being able to stabilise the vehicle when parking up on Camp sites etc it isn't a Show van type product at all , Also remember you simply cant drive an air system low down ,

Hi thanks for the reply.
The line of thought was.
Although they do go far lower than the vb there may be other benefits due to it been built around the bilstein shocks.
The downside seems to be that its not VW approved.
The airlift system has lifetime warranty so maybe it's a swings and roundabouts.

My van on the abp and airlift does ride very well running low and it's pretty easy to level up at campsites.

So far I cant fault the system in anyway in comparison to previous coilover set ups.
But was interested in the vb feedback to pass on.

Last edited:
The Bilstein shocks will make the ride better at sensible drops for sure .. ITS always about the shocks .
The problem Air ride has is when its low there isnt enough pressure in the bags to function at normal Spring rates so it will ride hard as it bottoms on the bump stops.

The Bilstein shocks will make the ride better at sensible drops for sure .. ITS always about the shocks .
The problem Air ride has is when its low there isnt enough pressure in the bags to function at normal Spring rates so it will ride hard as it bottoms on the bump stops.
Great thanks for your help.
As you say it seems the shocks may be the main benifit.
Maybe in a way as they are designed to run low they possibly ride better low.
I dont think there are any bump stops as such as the wheels would be on the arch liners.
That's one thing I have always wondered.
In the case of say a bag failure the tyre would be straight into the arch liner.

I will be doing a full review of my experience of VB Air 4C shortly for those who are thinking of getting it done :whistle:

VB Air 4C...........you decide.

So after having had VB Air 4C fitted for 10 weeks I could honestly its up there were one of my worse purchases I have ever made and believe me I've wasted money on some S**t. Im sure the kit could be quite good but after my experience with all those involved, to the point now where the people who supplied and fitted the kit have gone mute and have not responded to my last 3 emails.
Since I picked the vehicle up on the 16th November, I have sent more than 30 emails to both manufacture and supplier, I have had 4 calibrations and 3 hunter alignments . I have even asked the supplier to remove the kit and refit my original suspension and told me they want a further £750 because it would be at my request rather than acknowledge there is a fault/issue. Since I have refused to pay the £750 to remove the kit the suppliers have refused to engage in any conversation. I now have to find an approved installer who will do an independent inspection and report. I have called 3 other companies and one of the companies already new about me and the issue I was having with the tracking ( not sure how another fitter would know ) and refused to do a report so unfortunately I can not say who is going to be doing the report.
So for those who already have VB 4 C with no issues enjoy but for me whether its a faulty kit or just a bad fitting company you can decide. I know which company I have picked :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Well that's customer service for you............The local Hunter alignment company called this morning to see how my tracking was and if there is anything else that they could do to help. Which is the total opposite of A & E Leisure who still refuse to answer my emails, their customer services is shocking once they had had money from you. oh.... I forgot, they did refund me £460 from damaging the vehicle during installation, can forget that.

Hmmm, still considering VB Air - but this is pushing me to want to have a drive / be driven in a van that has it first to make sure it is right for me. If anyone has it and lives within an hour / hour and half of Bromley and doesn't mind letting me have a quick look around then let me know. cheers :)

CZ.

Hmmm, still considering VB Air - but this is pushing me to want to have a drive / be driven in a van that has it first to make sure it is right for me. If anyone has it and lives within an hour / hour and half of Bromley and doesn't mind letting me have a quick look around then let me know. cheers :)

CZ.
It depends on your reasons for wanting VB in the first, I wanted it only for the self levelling but wasn't told it was at the expensive of tracking. It also makes the steering extremely light. I have done the B14's and levelling ramps on my Caravelle last year, should of done the same on the California....hind sight is a beautiful thing

So here's my final post on VB Air..........in a nutshell first and foremost fine yourself a reputable company. Unfortunately for me a didn't and its cost my over £5500 and £460 worth of damage to the interior to find that out. A & E Leisure turned up at my work last Thursday to collect my vehicle although we hadn't actually agreed what was to be done, they wanted to recheck their work and I wanted the kit off but refused to pay another £750. As it happens I was out of the office but emailed an apology on my return.

"Apologies for not being available but I thought it was bit of a given the you would not be collecting my vehicle as I wanted you to remove the VB 4C and you would only remove it for a further £750. Whilst I believe the calibration was done to a faulty cable, the tracking issue is down to the fitting and as your refusal to deal with issue has now resulted in me having to get an independent inspection at an additional cost of £180"

So as with their usual customer service panache, I received an email 4 days after my last email, at 20:00hrs last night, they must have be working late on a Sunday, we are mates or at the pub .........:whistle:

The end result is that I have cancelled my claim with the bank even though they advise me there is a claim to make. I cannot abide people who refuse to acknowledge there is a problem after they have take your money, customer service separates you from everyone else.
The best advise is to speak to people on the forum as the information is invaluable and will help others make and informed decision.

You’s Guys with Vb Air, when taking your bus into garage or tyre change you press the spanner light on remote to lock it off.
If I remember a chap told me to do that but if they have to take it out on a test run its bad to go over 30mph with it set on service mode?
Does anyone know if this is the case

Also for general care of the kit, was told to raise it up full height and get of any crap under the fronts every couple of weeks.
Is this the case or do you do any other preventative measures?

If anyone is interested, I have the instructions for you to reprogram the ASCU via the hand controller which were sent to me by A & E Leisure. Not actually tried it as I no longer have the vehicle with it on.

If anyone is interested, I have the instructions for you to reprogram the ASCU via the hand controller which were sent to me by A & E Leisure. Not actually tried it as I no longer have the vehicle with it on.

Yes, please! Could you PM them?

Are these the instructions for calibrating the self levelling etc?

Back