Vanstyle Sidebars Fitting Question

Okay got in touch and they suggested putting it in a an angle towards the outside of the bus. It slotted in with a bit of force so all good.
Thought I'd tried that but obviously not, lol.

I recently fitted the straight ended ones and no issues.
IMG_0658.jpeg

I recently fitted the straight ended ones and no issues.
View attachment 69791
How easy was the job? I've just got mine (slightly different but simular) and I'm working out if its a job I need to delay until I can get the van to my mates place with a ramp or if I can just squeeze under the van and do it (its not lowered yet).

What do you think?

I ended up going for the stainless black angular ones from Van-Tech. It was easy on the whole but no instructions made it tricky to work out which bit faces which way. Each bracket and side bar could be fitted in more than one orientation.

In the end it was simple enough and I did it on the drive with no ramps or jacks. Under trays need cutting and again, without a template for the ones I have.

Each bracket and sidebar was basically orientated so the bars were as far forward as possible. Anything different and side bar was too far back.

Oh, and I overtightened 2 of the T-bolts (made of cheese) by the looks of it so needed to wait for replacements. You’ve been warned!

E01E3164-A57A-4C91-A5E8-8B9187722C20.jpeg

I ended up going for the stainless black angular ones from Van-Tech. It was easy on the whole but no instructions made it tricky to work out which bit faces which way. Each bracket and side bar could be fitted in more than one orientation.

In the end it was simple enough and I did it on the drive with no ramps or jacks. Under trays need cutting and again, without a template for the ones I have.

Each bracket and sidebar was basically orientated so the bars were as far forward as possible. Anything different and side bar was too far back.

Oh, and I overtightened 2 of the T-bolts (made of cheese) by the looks of it so needed to wait for replacements. You’ve been warned!

View attachment 73896
Good to know! I'll make sure I'm careful with the torque rench, thanks for the warning. Did you take the under tray off or just loosen it?

Ill give it a punt on the drive and see how it goes. Mine was from Veedub Transporters and the guide in the pack was rubbish but I asked for more guides and the sent pics of which one goes where and a video which will help more than the chappy 1 page guide.

Just dropped the under trays rather than taking them off. It’s a DIY driveway job in my eyes so good luck.

I managed to get under and took the trays off.. they were covered in muck so took it as a chance to clean it up. Steps are on and ill get the trays back on tomorrow and cut out where needed.

Thanks for the help.

20200614_205655.jpg

20200614_203711.jpg

20200614_180612.jpg

Hello. I seem to be having an issue fitting these side bars. The photo shows the bracket that came but the hole position at the back there only seems to be a tiny bung hole so can’t fit the retaining bolts in. Am I being dim?
Cheers BenB99800B1-631E-422C-A790-B6E54E10FD5A.jpegD7A97CD9-6E0B-4E1F-898B-3686AC2D7C28.jpeg

Actually I think I have solved it. The bung nearer the centre of the vehicle there is a larger bung near it on the side and I think you put the bracket through here and the thread out through the smaller bum hole.

Actually I think I have solved it. The bung nearer the centre of the vehicle there is a larger bung near it on the side and I think you put the bracket through here and the thread out through the smaller bum hole.

Long shot as it's ages ago, but did you manage to fit these?

My issue is that the larger hole is about two inch away from the smaller hole - i.e. too far too keep hold of the screw whilst you thread it through the smaller hole. I can see this just falling into the hole upside down or sideways and being a right pain in the arse to fish out (if it’s even possible). The passenger side fit fairly easily. The tiny black and white grainy picture in the instructions is no use. The hole you have to thread the bolt through is almost the same width as the bolt making it impossible to manipulate from below.

Back