Vango Galli Ii Assembly Tips

vw-me

T6 Pro
Hi all. We have got the Galli 2 and we’re away last weekend and tried it out for the first time on the van. Inflated it then positioned the van next to it and fitted the attaching strip. (Did take a few goes to get the van in the right place.

What does everyone do regards putting it up and fastening to the van ?

Ours seemed tight at the top where the figure of 8 Kador strip fitted, but really baggy at the sides where it goes and meets the van. I’d have expected them to be perpendicular to the van, but the had to be angled out alot.

I was contemplating putting the awning to the van and then inflating it, but with it being so heavy I was worried about it ripping the Reimo Rail off or damaging it.

Any tips ?

Did you buy the “low” version - the only difference is they are shorter/lower where they connect to the van and avoid most of the problems you describe.

Connecting to the van and then inflating and pegging out is the recommended way to go.

Did you buy the “low” version - the only difference is they are shorter/lower where they connect to the van and avoid most of the problems you describe.

Connecting to the van and then inflating and pegging out is the recommended way to go.

Thanks for the reply @Davenjo I did get the low version. Maybe I didn’t have the base of the awning far enough away from the van and with only pegging the guy line out on one side I might have pulled the awning over.

Will try again next weekend when we’re away.

Thanks for the reply @Davenjo I did get the low version. Maybe I didn’t have the base of the awning far enough away from the van and with only pegging the guy line out on one side I might have pulled the awning over.

Will try again next weekend when we’re away.
Yep, coild be you were pegged too close to the van. I also sometime struggle to get taught ends on the tunnel when pitched on uneven ground.

Let us know how you get on with your second attempt.

I never get taut tunnel ends...always flapping about! I attach it to the van first with the drive away kit then peg out the 4 corners then pump up and peg the rest. The hardest thing I find is positioning the footprint in the correct place.

I had similar on mine, I think you need to peg the tunnel sides under the van a bit to keep them taut. There's a good video on general set up and pack away here -

Also, I got Funky Leisure to send me some pictures of one set up in the showroom so I could see how the tunnel sides work -

Galli front of connection tunnel.jpg Galli internal front of connection tunnel.jpg Galli internal rear of connection tunnel.jpg Galli rear of connection tunnel.jpg Galli top rear of connection tunnel.jpg

Back