Sold Vango Airbeam Sun Canopy - £110 Collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
This is the 1st generation Vango Airbeam Sun Canopy (bought new in 2019) which comes with a 3M kador strip, the pump, pegs and storage bag. At the time, Vango only made the one version and didn’t differentiate between SWB and LWB which means that on my SWB T6 fitted with a Reimo Multi Rail, the kador is about 30cm too long which personally I didn’t find to be a problem and simply used a strong magnet to hold it down. I seem to recall that there is at least one other on here that owns the same awning and they chose to fold and stitch the excess material (gaffer tape would probably work as well!)

The good news is that it’s only been used twice – the first time was when I first bought it and set it up on the drive just to have a look and the second time was on a two day trip when it worked perfectly in the usual North Devon breezy conditions. Also, it's never been wet. The bad news is that it does have some black marks on it from where I first put it up on the drive and it picked up some dirt where it was dragged on the tarmac when I folded it up (NOT oil!). The marks would probably clean off but I decided not to try as they didn’t actually bother me that much and after that first trip, it was packed away and never got used again.

Given that the marks are not easy to photograph, I would prefer that any prospective buyer actually saw them for themselves before handing over the cash and am therefore advertising it on a collection only basis and have priced accordingly. I live in Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire (GL2 postcode). Please PM me if you're interested or want any further information or pictures but, as I say, the marks are not easy to capture.DSC00083.JPGDSC00084.JPGDSC00072.JPGDSC00078.JPGDSC00086.JPG

Last edited:
@Ayjay. I couldn't see how to contact you but I am interested in this. If you're willing to accept £100, I can come to you this weekend for pickup. Please let me know.

@Bluesman. Thanks for that but I have already had an approach from another member who is supposed to be coming to have a look at the awning on Monday and in fairness to them I will have to give them first refusal as they were fairly quick to contact me. However, I did give him my phone number last week so that they could call me and finalise things but I have not yet had the call! If the deal falls through for any reason. I'll let you know.

@Ayjay. Thank you - Please let me know and I can come to you any day next week. I might also move on the price if the marks aren't to bad or will clean off easily. Let me know.

@JOG. Same here but hopefully it will next week. Marks or not, I reckon it's a bargain (but I should have flogged it last year when everything was in such short supply!)

Reactions: JOG
T
@JOG. Same here but hopefully it will next week. Marks or not, I reckon it's a bargain (but I should have flogged it last year when everything was in such short supply!)
Too true! But it’s a bloomin bargain as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back