Vango Galli 2 / Galli 2 Compact

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We currently have a kampa travel pod motion air but plan to sell it and get a vango. We cant decide whether to buy a galli 2 or a galli 2 compact ? I really like the space of the galli 2 but im concerned it is probably too big for the many 2 night weekend breaks we"ll be having ? Also would the van and a galli 2 be too big to pitch up at a camping &caravanning site or caravan & motorhome site ?
It would be great to hear from people who own either the galli 2 or galli 2 compact

Last edited:
Why are you getting rid of the Kampa to replace with similar? The Kampa seems a decent enough awning and, whilst the Vangos you are looking at may have some better design features, I’m not sure it would be worth trading up??

Why are you getting rid of the Kampa to replace with similar? The Kampa seems a decent enough awning and, whilst the Vangos you are looking at may have some better design features, I’m not sure it would be worth trading up??
We love the kampa awning but prefer the vango galli 2/compact as it is pitched parallel to the van where as our Kampa means you look out onto the next pitch.

We love the kampa awning but prefer the vango galli 2/compact as it is pitched parallel to the van where as our Kampa means you look out onto the next pitch.
We got replacement of our fully functional Kela 3 down to either the Galli Compact or Airaway Hex for similar reasons. Ended up going a totally different way and bought a Fiamma Privacy Room instead lol.

There are a few members on here with them - if you put “Galli” into the search you will see a few related threads. If the answer is not there you could try tagging a couple of the members that have them to ask them directly.

We have a Galli II. Whilst we are fairly new to this game we haven't experienced any space problems with pitch sizes.

how long does it take to put up and take down ? we'll be having quite a few 2 night breaks next year and i was wondering if it will be too much of a hassle putting it up for a couple of nights? this is why were torn between the galli and the smaller galli compact?

Have you ever tried camping in the van without the awning? We used to always take our old Kela 3 with us but then found that most of our stays were just a couple of nights and decided that the awning was just not worth the hassle for short trips.

Ps. Did you get a good resolution for your pop-top fastening problem?

Have you ever tried camping in the van without the awning? We used to always take our old Kela 3 with us but then found that most of our stays were just a couple of nights and decided that the awning was just not worth the hassle for short trips.

Ps. Did you get a good resolution for your pop-top fastening problem?

To be honest the kampa awning that we have takes me about 15 mins to put up so that's totally fine with me for a short 2 night break. I like the extra space having the awning, we did a trip to grassington late october without the awning and we missed it. i'm just thinking to myself that the galli might be just a bit too much space ;) we got the pop top sorted out without any hassle thanks

To be honest the kampa awning that we have takes me about 15 mins to put up so that's totally fine with me for a short 2 night break. I like the extra space having the awning, we did a trip to grassington late october without the awning and we missed it. i'm just thinking to myself that the galli might be just a bit too much space ;) we got the pop top sorted out without any hassle thanks
It wasn’t the time to put up and take down as much as having to make sure it was totally dry and getting out again at home if not dry. Even on longer stays we found ourselves watching the weather and taking down early if it meant getting down dry.

Good news on the roof!

Would have to agree, unless you have a large family and/or many friends joining you, its too much for one or two nights. Something smaller would be better. But for longer stays, you certainly wont want for space.

However, if you want a Galli, then you also want a LWB........

.........and a forklift.

We have a Galli 2 as well, ideal for 3 days upwards but always the worry about ensuring it is perfectly dry when packed away.
For a couple of nights we have a Kiravan awning that slides in the groove where the galli attaches, plus our wind break round the outside which is ideal.
Plus we have a packashack which is fine if you have a tailgate version van and literally takes me 5 minutes to attach and be perfectly fitted.

Back