Sold Vango Cove II Air Low Drive Away awning + extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsieurblack

T6 Pro
Hi all

We're selling our Vango Cove II Air Low Drive Away awning, additional groundsheet protector & ground breaker peg set too.

Vango Cove II AIR Low Drive-Away Awning​
Vango Noosa/Cove/Galli Awning Footprint​
Vango Rock Pegs​

Used a few times last summer and looking at going back to some holidays abroad (all being well!) so thought it better to go to a good home whilst it's still in excellent condition and get some regular use (and we're getting some sunshine here by the looks of things too!)

I've included a links below to the Vango website for more details and attached some pictures so you can see it as we put it up and used it. We don't have a rail on our van so used the supplied straps to fix it over the van, but can be used either way.

Total bundle £635. Would like £495 for the lot. Collection from Leicestershire or happy to chat about meeting up/meeting part way

Any questions at all then please let me know :)

Cheers

IMG_1643 copy.jpeg

IMG_2632 copy.jpeg

IMG_4881 copy.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

IMG_6975.jpg

Have a free bump although I doubt you’ll have any problems selling this as it seems an excellent option for a driveaway.

I’ve already bought exactly the same a few weeks ago on the strength of reviews and some online videos, but not used it yet. I’m interested in your experience on how easy it is to put up and take down, and also get back into the bag. Any tips or learnings appreciated. We are likely going to book a site next weekend to test it out before we take it to France in the summer.

also, if anyone needs the final piece of the drive away awning set up then there's this handy 'Drive away kit' for sale too :thumbsup:

*Mods: hopefully this is OK/within the forum rules? (happy to remove if so)
* @monsieurblack : hope you don't mind the shameless plug (and free bump)??

I’ve already bought exactly the same a few weeks ago on the strength of reviews and some online videos, but not used it yet. I’m interested in your experience on how easy it is to put up and take down, and also get back into the bag. Any tips or learnings appreciated. We are likely going to book a site next weekend to test it out before we take it to France in the summer.
Hey there, yeah shame you've already bought as you could've saved yourself some money :) but I genuinely think you made a good choice. We looked for a while and weighed up the different options and super pleased with what we got.

Putting up is a doddle honestly. We had the extra groundsheet as mentioned above, so popped that down first then set the tent up on top, means the base of the tent always stays clean and you just have a single groundsheet to clean should it be needed. Then we'd peg the corners into position before working round to the guy ropes last.

The tubes inflate surprisingly quickly I thought (and always much more solid than I think they have any right to be lol) and we didn't have a rail on the van so used the supplied straps to fix the connecting 'tunnel' over the van (should be able to see in the pics). Super flexible in terms of entrances either side of the 'tunnel' and also the large door to the front of the tent too. We chose this orientation as we preferred the idea of having a little more privacy when opening (and possibly leaving open) the tent door, whereas the ones with the doors on the side felt like we'd be a bit more 'exposed' when opening that and seeing all the way through to the other side of the van if that makes sense? But obviously this is just a personal preference thing and each to their own :)

I will say after having owned a few tents over the years and had some 'fun' struggles trying to fit them back into the supplied bag, that this one has been totally fine. Fold it up a few times until you get to the width of the bag and then roll her up, starting at the side away from the values so any air that's still trapped can escape, otherwise you would likely have a job fitting it back into any bag ha. I feel like the neater you do this the easier it'll likely be to handle and ultimately pack away. Can be easier if you've got a separate pair of hands to help with putting the ties round, but if not, just lay those down straight and roll the tent up over them, so when you're finished they're already in place to tie. As I believe I mentioned we've only used very limited times but we used to wipe it the extra groundsheet down as we packed it away, so next time it was clean and good to go which felt was worth doing even though it took more time at the end (when you just want to go). Wet wipes and an old towel :rofl:

Hope the ramblings helped, any questions give me a shout and enjoy your trip! :thumbsup:

@Trouts s'all good man, we've all got decent gear looking for a good home :cool:

Hey there, yeah shame you've already bought as you could've saved yourself some money :) but I genuinely think you made a good choice. We looked for a while and weighed up the different options and super pleased with what we got.

Putting up is a doddle honestly. We had the extra groundsheet as mentioned above, so popped that down first then set the tent up on top, means the base of the tent always stays clean and you just have a single groundsheet to clean should it be needed. Then we'd peg the corners into position before working round to the guy ropes last.

The tubes inflate surprisingly quickly I thought (and always much more solid than I think they have any right to be lol) and we didn't have a rail on the van so used the supplied straps to fix the connecting 'tunnel' over the van (should be able to see in the pics). Super flexible in terms of entrances either side of the 'tunnel' and also the large door to the front of the tent too. We chose this orientation as we preferred the idea of having a little more privacy when opening (and possibly leaving open) the tent door, whereas the ones with the doors on the side felt like we'd be a bit more 'exposed' when opening that and seeing all the way through to the other side of the van if that makes sense? But obviously this is just a personal preference thing and each to their own :)

I will say after having owned a few tents over the years and had some 'fun' struggles trying to fit them back into the supplied bag, that this one has been totally fine. Fold it up a few times until you get to the width of the bag and then roll her up, starting at the side away from the values so any air that's still trapped can escape, otherwise you would likely have a job fitting it back into any bag ha. I feel like the neater you do this the easier it'll likely be to handle and ultimately pack away. Can be easier if you've got a separate pair of hands to help with putting the ties round, but if not, just lay those down straight and roll the tent up over them, so when you're finished they're already in place to tie. As I believe I mentioned we've only used very limited times but we used to wipe it the extra groundsheet down as we packed it away, so next time it was clean and good to go which felt was worth doing even though it took more time at the end (when you just want to go). Wet wipes and an old towel :rofl:

Hope the ramblings helped, any questions give me a shout and enjoy your trip! :thumbsup:

@Trouts s'all good man, we've all got decent gear looking for a good home :cool:

Very helpful ramblings, thank you :) Your rationale for selecting this awning is exactly the same as ours, we much preferred the forward orientation of the main door, whereas the vast majority appear to be sideways facing. We also have the groundsheet and a driveaway kit to attach the awning to the rail on our Fiamma. I intend to follow your advice on packing it away, makes perfect sense. Thanks again and good luck with the sale.

Hi guys

any interest in this before we look at posting/advertising elsewhere?

Open to sensible offers for a T6Forum member. Would be good to know it's going to a good home :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back