Van Slam coilovers

This van was fully wound down to the maximum drop. The range for the rear in the Comfort 2 is 25-45mm. Better image perhaps.
06fce7f3-bc3c-4e3a-8495-c41921babde2.JPG

UPDATE ; I have just completed a 3 1/2 hour round trip to try out these springs at Chili Jam Vans and I am very impressed . They lower the van and give a genuine comfortable drive , so much so I’m getting some !

hi
Can anyone tell me where to get my van slams adjusted ... I had them a year and they have got a bit lower than originally set .
I’m travel daily between Portsmouth and Heathrow.

Thanks

If you have the spanner you can do it yourself if you have somewhere to jack it up. Otherwise anywhere with a ramp should be able to do it. You will need the spanner though.

It’s the back ones that look hard to get to ... I ask the local garages and they weren’t interested!

The best way to adjust the rears is to jack up the van, then undo the shocker bolt to the arm, this will allow the arm to be pulled/levered down, at this point you can remove the spring and adjuster assembly and adjust the height off the van. Then just pull arm down and refit the adjusted assembly back into place. Don't waste time trying to adjust it in situ, its hard to do and so much easier off the van.

If the springs have sagged its likely to continue sagging , once a spring sags and becomes shorter it is effectively softer so struggles to carry the weight hence it will keep getting lower .. sagging springs usually means poor quality but dont know who makes this product to comment more //

I am in kent near the Dartford crossing and their isn't any descent places near hear ?
I am going to Amd to see if they can map my t6 euro6 I might ask them.

Brand new t6 t32 fitted with van slams. The van has just done 6K and now I have knocking and bottoming out. I'm biting the bullet and going for B14's. Don't rate 5forty vanslams one bit.

Hi there guys sorry for what may come a cross as a dump arse question please accept my apologies, I have got some vanslams fitted to my t6 which was done by a local dealer to me
Since they have been fitted all tho the look is the tits the ride is omg unreal I’ve popped the bus on some ramps today to see about adjusting and because I didn’t fit them myself I never got no paper work/guide to adjust or even fitting instruction is there anywhere I can get some I’ve looked on line and haven’t had much luck but looking at images the spacer on the rear spring seems to be on the top of the spring but mine seems to be fitted on the bottom of the spring can any of you confirm which is correct please.

I’m happy with the adjustment of the springs with the chocolate c spanner’s supplied but i was also wonder whether ther is any other adjustment on the shocks themselves ?

Sorry if this has been asked before

Thanks guys

Hi there guys sorry for what may come a cross as a dump arse question please accept my apologies, I have got some vanslams fitted to my t6 which was done by a local dealer to me
Since they have been fitted all tho the look is the tits the ride is omg unreal I’ve popped the bus on some ramps today to see about adjusting and because I didn’t fit them myself I never got no paper work/guide to adjust or even fitting instruction is there anywhere I can get some I’ve looked on line and haven’t had much luck but looking at images the spacer on the rear spring seems to be on the top of the spring but mine seems to be fitted on the bottom of the spring can any of you confirm which is correct please.

I’m happy with the adjustment of the springs with the chocolate c spanner’s supplied but i was also wonder whether ther is any other adjustment on the shocks themselves ?

Sorry if this has been asked before

Thanks guys
Any height adjustable suspension fitted to the rear of a T6 should have the adjuster rings and collar fitted at the top of the spring, so that needs to be corrected. There's no damping adjustability on Van Slam coil overs.

Spot on thank you I will get that changed ASAP any recommendations to get a better ride from the bus at all
Sadly you get what you pay for with suspension , the only thing you can do is lift it to the maximum specified drop , Don't go higher than this because the lateral loads on the piston seal/ bearing at the top will get too high and this may bend the shaft and or cause sticktion ( Excessive friction ) . The shafts on these cheaper kits are smaller in diameter and this wont help .

Spot on thank you I will get that changed ASAP any recommendations to get a better ride from the bus at all
As @CRS Performance has already said, the easiest way to try and improve the ride is to raise the height of the suspension to the highest recommended height. You could play with your tyre pressures a bit, but that depends on what wheel/tyre size you're running and what pressure you are already set at.

Other than that you would be looking to upgrade those vanslams to something else.

Cheers guys I’ve ordered so new rubber mounts and cup I will fit spacer in correct place and adjust as you guys suggest and will see what happens

Thanks guys

Back