Van Slam coilovers

Hmmm, may have to back off a bit from full on stiff ride and go for a compromise, as to harsh and a certain person will let me know in no uncertain terms.... I was looking for a mix of taking the bounce out of it, lowering it but not slamming it, and also adding 20" rims, when I can find some I like.

Happy to cough up the right money for the right set up.

I'll have a chat with Custom Vanz.....

TKS Davey, a lot closer and seem to have what I'm looking for.... now just need to find some decent rims, and get some sound insulation sorted out.....

Tks again.

My issue is that I want lower but not uncomfy but as a lease van dont want to pay £££ for b14's.

Anyone gone for a 50mm drop with just springs and can tell me how much harder it makes the ride over standard?

My issue is that I want lower but not uncomfy but as a lease van dont want to pay £££ for b14's.

Anyone gone for a 50mm drop with just springs and can tell me how much harder it makes the ride over standard?
Had 50mm eibachs with standard shocks , found to be a hard ride compared to standard , changed for B14 and totally different , it's so much smoother . Selling my eibachs if anyone is interested .

Had 50mm eibachs with standard shocks , found to be a hard ride compared to standard , changed for B14 and totally different , it's so much smoother . Selling my eibachs if anyone is interested .
PM me a price would you. I pick my van up this week and lowering it is high on my list of first jobs.

Anyone else had experience of the Van Slams? Was all set to get B14's but someone on Facebook mentioned they were both made in the same factory and just as good??

Don't think there made in the same factory, just think van slams are copied from b14's, I always say "buy cheap buy twice"

When I got my B14’s fitted at TransporterHQ the owner had a van on Van Slam Coilovers. He said “nowhere near as good as Bilstein” and if it weren’t for his plans to replace the coil overs with air, then he’d take them off and stick Bilstein on it.

I had b14's fitted today, and fell in love all over again! Love the drive now handles a dream! Not too crashy well worth the money :)

Oh and I don't feel like I'm gona roll out the seat on corners now lol

Bumping this thread as I've had a couple of issues- driver's side rear shock completely failed at 40k miles and 18 months old, so out of warranty. Replaced shocker then few weeks later, driver's side rear spring broke, wasn't sure if failure was linked to shock issue. Contacted VanStyle for replacement spring and have waited almost 5 weeks for them to arrive as there doesn't seem to be any readily available spares. A few days ago the near side spring broke too so will be changing both rears together (which I was going to do anyway). Mileage on suspension now at 50k
So, I really don't think the quality is in the Van Slam suspension at all.

2c3b5b4b-987e-4bd0-a632-9b6569755db1.JPG

Adjustable Eibach lowering springs which are designed to be used with standard dampeners. On this van we used the Comfort Kit 2.

I have them. My advice would be go -50mm Eibach springs with standard dampers (one of the members on here, can't remember who, sorry, has 50mm drop Eibachs and looks spot on) or if you really want coilovers, go for Bilstein B14's

Back