Van Slam coilovers

Dannywilds

T6 Pro
Hi everyone.

Has anybody used Van Slam coilovers? Can get some for my t6 t32 for £650 and wondered how much it would cost for someone to fit them?

Hi everyone.

Has anybody used Van Slam coilovers? Can get some for my t6 t32 for £650 and wondered how much it would cost for someone to fit them?

I have them. My advice would be go -50mm Eibach springs with standard dampers (one of the members on here, can't remember who, sorry, has 50mm drop Eibachs and looks spot on) or if you really want coilovers, go for Bilstein B14's

Spoke to Van style and they are booked till July for fitting!!! Not sure I believe their free fitting idea

I dont or herd much about the van slam sets but bilstens are tried and tested, i have only herd good things about them so i would play it safe and know there good. im sure the others are fine, have you read any reviews on them ?

Must be busy at vanstyle then :unsure:

Hi. Why wouldn't you recommend them? Was just about to pull the trigger and order them?
www.veedubtransporters.co.uk/shop/5-forty-vanslam-coilover-kits/

£500 and apparently closer to b14's than Gaz. If they are any good that's under half the price of B14

I can only give my opinion as I've found them- they are under sprung and over damped.

I have struggled to get the van to sit perfectly level. Now, some of this may be down to my technique and lack of experience in setting up suspension, but my front near-side spring is almost at full compression compared to about 50% on the off-side. Still sitting a bit low. Damping is choppy and harsh- it thumps over pot holes and chatters over rough ground.

B14s or nothing else. Or just stick with lowering springs.

I have had £500 coil overs on my t5 and the b14s are more than twice the coilover. Do much wheel control. Way more comfortable than stock shocks but firm in corners. Save for b14s.

I have them. My advice would be go -50mm Eibach springs with standard dampers (one of the members on here, can't remember who, sorry, has 50mm drop Eibachs and looks spot on) or if you really want coilovers, go for Bilstein B14's
are the Bilsteins way better than the VanSlams? I've bough the VS and just abou to sort fitting out lol

TransportersRus are knocking out these VanSlam kits for 692.99 Fitted.

I can't give an opinion though I'm afraid, I chose the Bilstein B14 kit

are the Bilsteins way better than the VanSlams? I've bough the VS and just abou to sort fitting out lol
To be honest, I only recommended the B14's purely on their reputation, not had any real world experience of them.
I'm still running the Van Slams and to be fair they have settled a bit and damping doesn't seem so harsh now.
I am just back from a trip to Goodwood (900 mile round trip) with a fully laden kombi and they performed quite well, no bottoming out and steady on the motorway so don't be too worried.
IMG_0528.JPG

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a supplier and fitter of suspension mods in the Manchester or Nth West area????

Am new to this game so any advice / recommendations are great fully recvd.
Cheers.

B14's sound like the way to go if you have the dollar! I purchased 50mm raceline Eibach springs from custom Vanz and am really please with the look but be prepared for the harsh ride. I don't mind the harsh ride as a driver but passengers complain. Going round corners on 20" rims and lowered by 50mm is in a different class!!! Well worth it

You could try vanstyle in nottingham, a short jaunt across the Peak District national park.

Back