Van height?

Has an experience as 2 level multi-storey. 2.3m on entering and a one way system in my van with roof rack. Parked the SWB. Came out and headed for exit, driving round slowly scrape, crunch, bang began pulling for trunking and lights.

Security rushes out,"You will need to pay for this!" No!, your sign is wrong, just pray there is no damage on my van!

It was 2.3 m going in but drops to 1.9m as you exit.

They are going to do this and that and said,"Rock on!" Got a smarmy letter and I pointed out the law on declared height signs and if you want to go to court will counter sue.

Haven't heard from them.

New 1.85m sign on entrance now and a no van sign.

Another piece of the mystery van jigsaw @Bav Spirit level and tape measure or piece of timber and measure to deck.... You'll be near enough. I'm 2060mm but need to be careful with aerial!
Is it not the case but the actual barrier height of the place you are entering has been measured correctly ? Our van has a solar panel which added about 3-4 inches coupled with inflated 22” tyres what we thought was 2.3m height wasn’t and we stopped in time.
Some non council car parks have varying interpretations on their height specs so I guess be aware before entering a barrier car park !

I've created a small sticker which I stick on the overhead light console, and comes in very handy, especially for car parks and RORO ferries.
Happy to provide a ppt. version you can modify (can't seem to attach ppt. file).

View attachment 238454
I like this a lot! Would be good to get a feet and inches conversion on it too. I always think of the van as 2m wide so interesting it’s +30cm for the mirrors

Back